🔥Chapter Fourty-six🔥

Y/n's POV

The balloon ride was surprisingly awkward.

Zuko stayed near the engine to keep the balloon afloat with fire and Sokka sat against the edge of the balloon, while I stood leaned against the edge near Zuko.

"...Pretty clouds." Sokka said awkwardly.

"Yeah...fluffy." Zuko replied.

Silence.

"About how much longer?" I asked, looking at Zuko.

"About a day." He said.

"A day?!" I whined. "That's too long. I'm gonna speed this up a bit."

"What do you mean?" Zuko asked, frowning at me.

I walked to the back of the balloon near Sokka and held my hands together.

"I suggest you hold on tight." I said, grinning, air blasting out my palms.

The balloon rocked back and forth, then began to move at a steadier pace with less rocking.

"Now that's air travel!" Sokka laughed.

"Let me know when we get close and I'll make some cloud cover for us." I said, looking at Zuko.

"Right." He nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours passed.

The sun had set, and Sokka was sitting at the back napping.

"We're here." Zuko suddenly said.

"On it." I replied, waterbending clouds around us for cover.

Sokka was now up, standing beside me and Zuko.

"As long as we keep quiet, we should be able to navigate through without being caught." Zuko said.

He bended more fire into the engine as we neared.

We began sinking into the volcano.

"We're going down." Zuko said, panicked. "The balloon's not holding anymore." He kept bending fire into the balloon, but it was no use; we kept sinking.

"It must be the air temperature." I said, beginning to bend fire into the balloon with him, trying to help get us back up.

"The air outside is just as hot as the air inside, so we can't fly." Sokka said, panicking.

The balloon was falling at a faster pace.

"Ah!" I gasped as I fell to one side of the balloon, onto Zuko.

"What are we supposed to do?!" He asked, wrapping an arm around me and holding onto the balloon with the other.

"I don't know!" Sokka replied. "Crash landing?"

The balloon hit the water, splashing my face with a few boiling droplets.

"Ow!" I yelped with pain, cupping my cheek.

The balloon crashed into land, sending us all flying.

I groaned as I got up, rubbing my head.

"How are we gonna get off the island if the balloon won't work?" Zuko muttered, looking at the deflated balloon.

"Um, hello? Avatar here. I could get us out of here while rescuing Sokka's dad." I said, crossing my arms.

"What would we do without you?" Sokka asked, grinning.

He walked over to the balloon and began kicking it into the water, submerging it.

"What are you doing?!" Zuko asked him.

"It doesn't work anyway, and we don't want anyone to find it." He explained.

"We're doomed." I said quietly, then moved my hands back and forth, making small waves to help pull the balloon into the water.

"There's no turning back now." Zuko sighed.

I looked ahead of us and saw the prison.

"Alright, then. Let's go." I said, walking towards it. "I'll metalbend us in, then we can steal uniforms and act like guards."

"That's..." Zuko began, looking at Sokka.

Sokka looked at him.

"...Actually really smart." Sokka finished, looking at me.

Standing infront of the wall, I punched it, making a small hole.
I cracked my knuckles and then began to pull the metal apart.

"Alright!" I grinned, peering in. "Coast is clear, let's go."

After not hearing anything, I looked back at the two boys, who were standing there staring at me.

"Guys? Let's go." I said, grabbing their hands.

Sokka looked at Zuko.

"Seriously, what would we do without her?" He asked, following me through the hole.

We found the storage closet and stole three sets of uniforms.

"We just need to lay low and find my dad as soon as possible." Sokka said to us.

"Right." I said.

Suddenly, guards started runnung down the hall.

"Hey, you three!" A man shouted at us. "There's a scuffle in the yard. Come on!"

I took off running. The other two soon followed behind.

"I've had it with your unruly behavior." A man's voice said.

"What did I do?" Another asked.

I shoved my way through the crowd until I was at the front and saw what was happening.

A guard was harrassing an inmate.

"He wants to know what he did. Isn't that cute?" The guard asked, looking at Zuko, Sokka and I.

"No, go on." I said, taking a few steps forward. "Tell us, what did the inmate do to offend you so terribly bad?!" I shouted at him sarcastically.

"Watch your tone." He growled. "This scum didn't bow down when I walked by."

"That's not a prison rule." The inmate, Chit Sang, said.

"I wouldn't bow down to you, either." I said to the guard. "Like he said, it's not a rule. He doesn't have to bow down to the likes of you."

If you don't shut up, you're gonna get yourself killed. I thought, gulping.