🔥Chapter Fourty-three🔥

Y/n's POV

"Okay, so who were the original firebenders?" I asked.

"Dragons. But they've been extinct for decades." Zuko muttered.

"What do you mean?" Aang asked him, confused.

"Yeah, Roku had a dragon, and that was just a little over 100 years ago." I said, then froze. "Aang... who is Roku?" I asked, frowning as I looked at him. "How do I know about dragons?"

Aang looked at me, surprised.

"Roku was the Avatar before me." He said. "Maybe... just like Zuko losing his firebending from switching sides, you're gaining memories from our past lives!"

"Does that mean...I may end up being able to go into the Avatar state?!" I shouted excitedly.

"Probably!" Aang shouted, equally excited, a grin plastered on his face.

"If I can get in touch with our past lives and figure out the Avatar state while you learn firebending, the Firelord won't stand a chance!" I grinned. "If dragons are extinct, how can you relearn firebending?" I asked, looking at Zuko.

"There...may be another way." He said. "The first people to learn from the dragons were the ancient Sun Warriors."

"Sun Warriors?" I asked.

"Well, I know they weren't around when I was a kid. I've never heard of them." Aang said.

"No, they died off thousands of years ago."

"Then how is that another way?" I asked Zuko, confused.

"Their civilization wasn't too far from where we are now. Maybe we can learn something by poking around the ruins." He replied.

"It's like something the Monk's used to tell me." Aang began. "Sometimes, the shadows of the past-"

"-can be felt by the present." We said in unison.

Aang stared at me.

"This is getting weird." I mumbled.

"Y/n, how do you know what the monks used to tell me?" He asked.

"Maybe...since you're the Avatar before me, I have some of your memories, just like we do Roku?" I suggested.

"Maybe.." He said quietly.

"So, what?" Sokka asked. "Maybe you'll pick up some super old Sun Warrior energy and magically gain back firebending just by standing where they stood 1,000 years ago?"

"More or less." Zuko shrugged.

"If it doesn't work, I could always try to teach you." I grinned, nudging him with my elbow.

He shook his head, a small smile on his lips.

Soon, everyone headed off to bed.