🏔Chapter Twelve🏔

Y/n's POV

"Relax. I'm not going to hurt you." The girl said. "Yet." She smiled innocently.

"You're... Zuko's sister, aren't you?" I asked her. "You called him brother."

"Quite slow on the intake, aren't you?" She stated mockingly. "If you'll excuse me, I must be going." She abruptly turned around.
I stood there, watching her back as she walked away.

"Y/n, are you alright?" A familiar voice asked me.

I turned around and saw the jolly old man I had originally been expecting.

"Iroh..!" I said, hugging him.
He hugged back.

"I have some news." He said solemnly.

He told me everything that had happened, and everything that the girl, Azula, had said.

We walked back to the hut together, sitting at the table after arriving.

"We're going home after three long years! It's unbelievable!" Zuko said happily.

He's...packing. I looked down at the table, deep in thought.
Ever since I woke up, I've been with Zuko trying to help him catch the Avatar. If he goes home, what do I do? I frowned.

"It is unbelievable." Iroh said. "I have never known my brother to regret anything." He said, trying to get Zuko to pay attention to details.

"Did you listen to Azula? Father's realized how important family is to him. He cares about me!" Zuko said loudly.

"I care about you!" Iroh shouted, standing up. "And so does Y/n! If Ozai wants you back, well, I think it may not be for the reasons you imagine." He said, calming himself down.

"You don't know how my father feels about me." Zuko said, turning around. "You don't know anything."

"Zuko, he's trying to get you to listen!" I shouted at him, standing up. "He cares about you more than anyone, and you still don't see that! If your father wanted you home, he would've let you return home long ago, Avatar or no Avatar."

I felt a sharp pain in my cheek as my head jerked to the side.

It took me a moment to process what happened.

Zuko just...slapped me...
Tears welled up in my eyes.

"You're trash, Prince Zuko." I hissed, my words filled with venom.
I turned around, grabbing my bag and leaving.

"Y/n, wait!" Iroh shouted. "He didn't mean that!"

"Let her go." Zuko said in a low voice. "Either way, she'd have to leave. There's no place for someone like her in the palace."

~~~~~~~~~

I had ended up sleeping outside under a tree. I kept myself warm all night with my firebending since no one was around.
I'm so glad I found all those scrolls. I thought, sighing.

Once it was light out, I moved so I could see the dock where the ship was supposed to be.

It was there.

If Iroh was right about it being a lie, he'll need some help. I thought, thinking about the wise old man.
Troops lined the dock as Iroh and Zuko walked down it.
I glared at Zuko.

"Brother. Uncle. Welcome!" Azula shouted. They bowed to her. "I'm so glad you decided to come."

Iroh saw me out the corner of his eye, nodding his head to me.
He knew I was here.

A man walked up to her. I couldn't make out what he was saying.

"Set our course for home, Captain." She smiled.

"You heard the Princess! Raise the anchors! We're taking the prisoners home!" The Captain shouted, then froze.

Bingo.

Iroh began attacking the soldiers behind him, knocking them into the water.

I started to run down the hill towards the ship, bending water onto the deck and submerging soldiers, dragging them into the water.

Both Azula and Zuko appeared shocked to see me.

"Y/n, you came back!" Zuko smiled at me.

"Don't talk to me! I didn't come here for you!" The harsh words rolled off my tongue.
I stood at the beginning of the dock on solid ground.

"Zuko, let's go!" Iroh shouted.

"You know, father blames Uncle for the loss at the North Pole. And he considers you a miserable failure for not finding the Avatar. Why would he want you back home except to lock you up where you can no longer embarrass him?" She shouted at Zuko.
He lunged at her.

All the troops had been stopped, and I was standing there enjoying the show.

Something blue and static surrounded Azula.

Is that...lightning?