🔥Chapter Fifty-five🔥

Y/n's POV

"Each and every statue here was once alive." Roku told me.

After getting onto Fang's back, Roku took me to a temple. There were many statues of past Avatars, spiraling in a circle.

"Each Avatar came after the one before it died, being accompanied by their animal spirit guide." He stopped at the statue of himself, then turned to look at me. "You're not supposed to be here. Aang is supposed to be the only Avatar."

"Then...why am I here?" I asked, looking at his statue and then him.

"..." He hesitated, then sighed. "I'm afraid I do not know." He admitted, looking down. "However, we have more pressing matters to deal with."

"'More pressing matters'? Like what?" I asked.

"The Fire Nation." He turned his back to me to face his statue. "This war has lasted over one hundred years. It's time for it to come to an end." He turned to face me once again. "I...am not sure that Aang will be able to do what is needed of him when time comes."

"What does that mean?" I asked, more confused.

"You're unable to enter the Avatar state, but Aang is able." He said. "I may be able to help you to enter the Avatar state."

I blinked.

"How?" I asked.

I saw Roku's mouth move, but I couldn't hear anything.

"What?" I asked.

His mouth kept moving, but I couldnt hear a word.

"I can't hear you." I said, panicking.

Everything started to blur.

I felt dizzy.

What's going on?!

Everything began to move.

Suddenly, I was looking at my body.

Aang was standing near me, a worried expression on his face.

Zuko was crouched infront of me, holding me by my shoulders.

"Wake her up, Aang!" He shouted.

"I tried!" The Monk replied. "...It didn't work."

"Y/n!" Zuko shouted, gently shaking me.

When did he get back? I wondered. Why is everyone freaking out? And how do I get back into my body?

I walked closer to crouch by my body.

I reached out to touch my hand.

I blinked, the light seeming brighter than before.

"You're awake!" Zuko shouted, wrapping his arms around me.

"Can't...breathe..." I wheezed.

He instantly let me go, helping me stand up.

"When did you get back? And why do you both look so freaked out?" I asked, an eyebrow raised.

"Y/n... I've been here since yesterday." He said, frowning.

I paused.

"What?" I asked, confused. "No, you left last night. Without telling me."

"You were gone for three days." Aang said, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Three... days?" I repeated.

I then looked at Zuko.

"You left without telling me anything."

"I think that's the least of our worries right now, Y/n." Aang said. "What happened when you were in the Spirit World?"

"The Spirit World..." I mumbled, looking at the ground. I looked back up at Aang. "I saw Avatar Roku and Fang."

"You saw Avatar Roku? What was he like?" Zuko asked.

"Someone's nosy." I teased.

He looked down.
"...Avatar Roku was my Great Grandfather." He said quietly.

Me and Aang both stared at him.

"What?" I asked, processing.

"Avatar Roku was your Great Grandfather?" Aang repeated, eyes wide.

I looked down.

"He...actually said that I don't belong here."

The boys went quiet.

"Oh, you're awake!" Katara said as she approached, holding a bowl of water. "Um, why's everyone so quiet?" She asked, looking at us.

"Because apperently I don't belong here and someone doesn't know how to communicate." I said, annoyed.

How can she just come up to me like she didn't sneak off with him?

"Y/n, focus." Zuko said.

"Think back on what Avatar Roku told you." Aang said to me.

"I don't have to think back on it." I said. "I remember it clearly."

"Well?" Zuko asked.

"And why would I tell you?" I said to him, annoyed.

"Y/n, please." Aang said.

I sighed.

"He said... that he doesn't think Aang will be able to do what he needs to when it comes to fighting the Firelord. And that he thinks he can help me get into the Avatar State." I shrugged. "Oh, and that I shouldn't be here and that there should only be one Avatar."

Silence.

I put my hands behind my hand casually.

"Well, if that's all, then I'm gonna go get something to eat." I said, turning to walk away.