🔥Chapter Sixty-seven🔥

Y/n's POV

Zuko, Katara and I load up on Appa while the Sokka, Suki and Toph get on an eel hound.

"Goodbye, Uncle." Zuko says, holding Appa's reins.
I look at Iroh with a bit of a sad expression.
I missed him so much, and now we're leaving? That's so lame. I think with a sigh.

"Goodbye, everyone." Iroh says with a wave. "Today, destiny is our friend. I know it."

"Appa, yip-yip!" Zuko says.

And just like that, the beast takes off.

~~~~~~~~~~

Appa bellows as the comet lights up the sky.

"...So, am I the only one worried about Azula?" I ask quietly, an unnerving feeling in my stomach.

"Don't worry. With three of us, we can take care of her." Katara says reassuringly.

"I'm not worried about her." Zuko said with a sigh. "I'm worried about Aang. What if he doesn't have the guts to take out my father? What if...what if he loses?"

"Aang won't lose." Katara says.

"He's coming. I feel it." I say, looking out into the distance. "He'll take care of it."

The rest of the flight was nerve-wrackingly quiet.

~~~~~~~~~~

As we approach the palace, Azula sits kneeled on the ground, about to be crowned.

"Sorry, but it looks like you're crowning the wrong Firelord." I say with a grin as I hop off of Appa.

"I'm going to become Firelord." Zuko says, standing by my side.

Azula laughs mockingly.
"You're hilarious."

"And you're going down." Katara says, jumping down from Appa.

"You want to be Firelord?" Azula asks as she stands up, sneering. "Fine, let's settle this. Just you and me, brother. The showdown that was always meant to be. An Agni Kai."

"Yeah, right-" I begin, annoyed. Like Zuko would actually-

"You're on." Zuko interrupts, putting his arm infront of me.

I look at him, wide-eyed.
"Zuko, you have to be kidding." I say, worried.

"I agree with Y/n on this one. She's clearly playing you." Katara says.

"I can take her this time." Zuko insists, staring at his sister. "There's something off about her. I can't explain it, but she's slipping. Besides, this way, no one else has to get hurt."

The unnerving feeling in my stomach worsens.

"Fine. But the moment I see something I don't like, I'm jumping in." I say with narrowed eyes, crossing my arms.

We move to an arena of sorts, Katara and I standing off to the side.

"I don't like this." I mumble, letting out a sigh.

"You and me both." Katara admits, crossing her arms.

"I'm sorry it has to end this way, brother." Azula says as she removes her robe.

"No you're not." Zuko says, his eyes narrowed as he assumes a fighting stance.

Katara and I exchange glances, nodding as we both move to opposite sides of the arena in case we're needed.

Blue and orange flames fill the air.

I watch the fight unfold, worry coursing through me.
A large blast of orange fire fills the center portion of the arena, smoke filling the air. Azula leaps to the side.
My eyes searching for Zuko through the smoke, I don't notice Azula approaching behind me.