two

Saturday.

As we entered Hogsmeade, we looked around. It was still early, and Dorcas said if she didn’t sting us by six, we needed to crash their ‘date’. It was half past five.

We looked through windows -only window shopping- while slowly making our way to the three broomsticks. We’d take routes around some shops, and take confusing aisles, but somehow we’d easily pass the three broomsticks too quickly. Eventually we’d enter a few shops, and then resume walking around.

Around quarter to six, we walked out of some thrift shop, when a group passed us, quickly stopping when they saw us. I heard Aria groan, and I knew why.

“Oh, if it isn’t house traitors.”

“If it isn’t the biggest dick in school.”
Draco’s face dropped as I stared at him.
“Get lost, ferret.”

“Watch your tongue!” Theodore Nott bit as he stepped forward, but Pansy quickly jumped forward to push him back.

Astoria and Pansy shot us apologetic looks. Of course they wouldn’t have known that they’d come. As Aria and I have heard, these boys had minds of their own. Astoria and Pansy barely get to say what they wanted.

“What do you guys want?” I asked, still glaring at Draco.

He looked me up and down, and then Aria. “Stay out of our way.”

“Or what?” I scoffed. “You’d fail to enjoy your oh-so-deserved drink at the three broomsticks? I’d love to be the reason your day turns out crap.”

“Shut it, mudblood.”

My eye flew straight to Blaise. “I beg your pardon?”

He grinned. “Yeah, beg for it.”

“Fuck off, Zabini.”

I looked to my side, along with everyone, just in time to see a boy step in between us. He pushed Blaise back, before staring straight into Draco’s eyes as he stood in front of him. They were oddly the same height, I noticed.

“Get. Lost. Malfoy.”

Draco glared at him, before looking at Theodore and Pansy beside him. “Let’s go; before someone takes our place.”

Theodore looked at Draco in confusion, but continued to follow after Draco. Astoria shot us another apologetic look, before walking with them.

I exhaled sharply, before looking up at the boy. “Who are you?” I asked, making him look down at me, before smiling.

“Alex McKinnon.”

Alex McKinnon. Just as tall as Draco, so probably around five-feet and nine-inches. He had rough dark hair; differing between dark brown and black. His jawline was sharp, and his teeth were perfectly aligned. One thing I noticed easily: his eyes were black. Not brown- black.

“Well, Alex McKinnon,” I said, glaring into his eyes. “We didn’t need your help. We were perfectly fine.”

He kept his grin, before looking at Aria, but I stepped in front of her, still glaring at him. “I’ll see you around, uh-”

“You don’t need to know our names.”

He nodded, still grinning. “Alright.” He looked at Aria again. “I’ll see you ladies around.”

I groaned, grabbing her hand, before pulling her with me towards the three broomsticks. She frowned, looking at me.

“Uhm, he’s hot?”

“I can stand up for myself,” I said, making her smile, shaking her head.

“Stubborn Zoe. Oh my goodness. He was only helping.”

“Who is he anyways?” I scoffed. “Acts like he’s amazing. Pfft. Please.”

I pushed open the doors to the three broomsticks, before immediately noticing Dorcas’ eyes shoot up. Both Aria and I smiled, before dropping down at the seats beside her and Joe.

“Woah,” Dorcas said as she looked at my hair. “Zoe. Your- woah.”

“What a surprise to see you two here,” Aria smiled. “Mind if we join?”

“Well-”

“Great!” I smiled, looking at Joe. “Actually, how about we talk about tomorrow’s extra classes. Can we cancel them?”

“Cancel them?” both Dorcas and Joe spoke at the same time.

I smiled. “Yes. Cancel them. I think we’d enjoy a night in more. Right?” I looked at Dorcas, then Aria; beggingly.

Aria smiled. “Yes. It’ll be refreshing. Especially after DADA the last period.”

Thankfully, I looked at her, before looking at Dorcas. “We’re hogging you tomorrow night. Sorry, Joe,” I said emotionless, looking at him.

Dorcas nodded. “I’m in. I don’t care, really.”

Smiling, I then looked around the room, before meeting dark brown eyes. They trapped me; amazed me; watched me. But I pulled my gaze away, looking back at the others. When I looked up again, I saw them still on me.

That boy was new. Who was he?

[748 words]