twenty-seven

Mattheo’s POV

Saturday.

Their eyes were like daggers. From every angle of the room. For a moment I thought someone actually had decent friends, now I just want her to realize that they're not.

"Cute."

I looked to my side at Theodore and Draco. Yet, they didn't look as if they found something amusing. They looked mad.

"Waiting for your princess?" Theodore asked.

"What does it have to do with you?" I asked, looking back towards the door.

She didn't want me picking her up at her dorm, but rather wait for her at the party. It was driving me crazy.

"You're being stupid, Mattheo-"

"I'd say arrogant," Draco said, interrupting Theodore. "Once she hears your last name; you're history. You'll break her-"

"And that's why," I said, running to them, "she wont know. She wont find out. You're not gonna say a word. Got it?"

"You're going to fuck her up, Rid-"

"What do you care?" I asked, stepping in front of Theodore. "She hates you more than anything. You hate her too, as far as she's aware."

"The fuck is that supposed to mean?" he bit.

I grinned. "I'm not blind, Theo. Let me guess. After your one night Stan she's been a tattoo in your memories. An addiction."

He looked at me, and I saw how frustrated he got at the truth.

"If you touch my girlfriend, you're fucked. Got it, Nott?"

He scoffed, before simply walking away, with Draco not so far behind him.

Then, just as my eyes returned to the girls' dormitory stairs, she stepped down onto the last step, with her roommates behind her.

But my eyes were on her. Her legs visible to her thighs. Dressed in convers, yet a stunning short white dress with a low, open slit over her chest; showing her cleavage. Her hair was decorated with butterfly and flowers pins.

Gorgeous was an understatement.

She smiled, stepping in front of me. With the music loud, she grabbed me by by collar, gently pulling me down towards her, where she spoke in my ear.

"Sorry I'm late."

I grinned, taking her right under her jaw, turning her head, before talking.

"For this view, I don't mind a couple minutes late."

I heard her laugh.

My eyes moved around the room, until my gaze finally found the drinks.

Now, let's party.

-----

One hour in and it seems that five drinks are enough to have her nearly wasted. Strong drinks, to be fair.

Only, I couldn't keep my eyes off her. At least she was only with Aria and Kieran, to my relief. Yet, Alex did have his eyes on them, slightly pissing me off.

"She'll be fine."

"If you haven't noticed, I don't trust anyone."

Theodore sighed. "Here."

I looked at him, before seeing a cup in his hand, handing it to me. I looked at him suspiciously.

"Yes, I'm poisoning you," he bit sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes, but took the cup anyways. "Thanks," I said, looking at her again.

He was fucking confusing I swear.

"Where's your buddies?" I asked, glancing at him again.

He shrugged. "Blaise is probably already banging some chick and Draco not so far behind him."

I chuckled in a scoff, looking at her again. "And you? Waiting for the first whore to hit on you?"

"I don't sleep around," he said, taking a sip of his drink.

I scoffed. "Hard to believe."

"Swear. Only ever did two girls." I frowned, looking at him. "Zoe and a girl who went here until fourth grade."

I grinned softly. "What? She ran off?"

"Hung herself."

My grin dropped. Alright that wasn't funny.

"She was Zoe's best friend. Long story short; drug addict parents aren't so nice to their kids."

I looked back at Zoe, seeing her laughing as she had her head dropped back.

"Her name was Tatiana. Zoe lives with her mum."

I frowned, looking at him. "Doesn't she live with her own mother?"

Theo shook his head. "She lied to everyone. What Pansy told you isn't true. Because what Zoe told Pansy and everyone else isn't true."

"And you know how?"

He chuckled, looking down at the drink in his hand. "Zoe and I used to be friends; you know? First year. I just-" he sighed. "I just mixed in with the wrong crowd during second year and ever since we haven't been much of 'old friend'. We've sort of faded apart- mostly."

I looked at her, dancing with Kieran after Aria had somehow vanished.

She was friends with Theo? Woah.

"Maybe one day she'll tell you everything. Hopefully before you break her heart."

I looked at him.

"She's more fragile than you think, Riddle."

He stood back up, before walking off.

When I looked at her again, she was walking to me, clearly drunk, but fucking hot.

"Let's go," she said, taking my hand.

I smirked, but I didn't move. "I'm not dancing," I chuckled.

She frowned. "Who said dancing? I'm sure you're tired of this party, and I'm pretty sure that what I'm wearing is in need to get taken off."

I looked down her body, my tongue trailing against my cheek as I was contemplating.

"Please," she asked, even barely hearable.

Then, when I didn't reply, she grabbed me by my collar, before leaning closer to me; standing on the edges of shoes.

"I'll let you do whatever you want to me."

Just there I pushed her back, gently, threw my cup towards the bins, grabbed her hand, and had her follow me down the boy dormitory hallway.

Fucking witch.

[929 words]