thirty-one

Zoe's POV

Wednesday.

"Do you even have club anymore?"

I looked up at Mattheo, but shook my head. "No. It- we sort of fell apart after the incident. Joe is avoiding everyone except Dorcas. Alex is barely to be found. Mary and Dorcas are barely around me, Aria and Kieran anymore. Peter started chess, so he is busy on Thursday anyways. Astoria is with Draco and the lot and Luna is with the golden trio. Probably joined their little club."

He frowned. "What little club?"

I sighed. "Simular to the one we had. Just a lot more kids. Mostly like a junior version of OTP."

"OTP?" he asked.

"Order of the Phoenix. Some old little army."

"Army?"

What am I kidding? What'll he do?

"Dumbledore had an army about twenty years ago. Bunch of people who were against he-who-shall-not-be- named. They were forcing a task force type of thing against him. Went far, but failed quite quickly. Majority of them died."

"Didnt they have kids?"

I laughed. "Oh yes. A lot of our kids at Hogwarts were their kids. Mary, Alex, Dorcas, Harry, Ron, Seamus, Cho, Ginny of course, Cedric, and a couple other kids. It's them who have created this Dumbledore Army. Even though he acts like he knows nothing of it."

His eyebrows lift as he was listening. Then, the bell rang, sending me to my feet.

"Shit, ok. Go to Astronomy. You have a test!"

He laughed, getting off the wall. "Alright, I'm off. I'll see you, my love."

He placed a kiss on my forehead, before we patted ways. I made my way to Herbology.

"We need to talk."

I looked up, seeing Pansy walk beside me. I smiled.

"Of course. What of?"

She didn't look happy. More like the barrier of bad news.

"Your boyfriend. He's not who you think he is."

I slowed. "What?"

-----

I burst into the Princes' dorm, with Pansy rushing behind me.

Suddenly Theo jumped to his feet as Draco and Blaise stared at Pansy and I in confusion.

"Zoe? What are you-"

"You knew?!" I yelled, suddenly shoving him back against the chest, but he barely moved far. "You fucking knew? All of you! And lied!"

Blaise frowned. "First of all: what the fuck?"

"Second of all," I said, turning to him. "Even though you're a dick, you could've been fucking honest!"

Behind me, Pansy stood in front of the closed door; her face filled with guilt.

"What are you talking about?" Theo asked, looking concerned.

"Fucking Mattheo!" I yelled, making Theo's eyes shoot over my head and at Pansy, who looked guilty.

"You spilled?"

"So you did know?" I asked, slamming my hands against his chest, curled up.

He looked down at me. "Zoe, we couldn't have said anything! It's Mattheo. He’s-"

"For fuck sakes. You're scared of him?" I nearly laughed. "Oh my God!" I looked at Draco, then Pansy. "So what? Nothing? I know you know more than just his name."

Draco shrugged carelessly. "And why would we tell you?"

"He's here for his dad-"

"Pansy!" Draco yelled.

I turned to her. "What?"

"To find the children of Dumbledore's original army twenty years ago. He wants them dead-"

"Pansy, enough!" Draco yelled, rushing to his feet. "Are you crazy?!"

I stood frozen. I gave him at least nine names. This morning. Oh. My. Merlin.

"She's deep enough in, Draco. Oh screw with his secrets. It's out now, okay?"

I looked at Theo. He saw something like realization in my eyes, making him frown.

"What?"

"I gave him names. Nearly ten names. Oh my God."

Pansy walked to me, talking my arm, but I pulled away, making her frown.

"Zoe-"

"No!" I said, stepping away from her. "No you don't get to 'Zoe' me."

She looked oddly confused. Oh the fucking nerve.

"What?" she questioned, frowning.

I scoffed. "You knew. And for how long? A couple of months-"

"I wanted to tell you!"

"-and it's too late for that," I said, reversing towards the door.

"Zoe, wait-"

"No!" I snapped, laughing at last as I looked at Theo. "No. I'm done with this. I'm done with you, Pansy. Just- fuck you."

I pulled the door open, before walking down the boys' dormitory hallways.

What the fuck was Mattheo's problem? Was I just a joke? His father- HE was a monster and he lied to me! Everyone lied to me.

Fucking everyone.

[736 words]