thirty-two

Mattheo’s POV

Thursday.

"How many fucking parties are there?" I groaned as I dropped down in front of Draco. "Have you heard of next week Saturday's? It's fucking crazy. Bunch of seven years who are planning it. In some room of requirements. All students above Fifth year."

Theodore cleared his throat, making me look at him. Only then I noticed both him and Draco sort of bowing their heads, while Blaise looked at a group of kids further down the table. Zoe's 'friends', yet she wasn't with them.

"What?" I asked, looking back at Theodore. "Your throat scratchy or something?"

"Have you heard from Zoe yet?" Pansy suddenly asked.

I frowned. "No? She wasn't in her dorm. Figured she'd be here, but clearly not."

Theodore sighed. "Yeah, uh. Be on eggshells around her today; okay?"

I scoffed. "I'm sorry?"

"She's in a bad mood."

"The fuck you mean?" I asked, making him sigh.

"Just-"

"Sorry to bother..."

We all looked up, and I smiled as I saw Zoe. Yet, she looked quite not normal.

"Love, hey. Where were you-"

The next moment I felt a wack across my face. Half of the room went quiet. I sat frozen for a few seconds, before slowly looking up at her again, adjusting my jaw with my hand.

"What the fuck, Zoe?" Pansy bit through her teeth.

"Zoe-"

"Screw you, Mattheo!" she said a a gritfull tone. "I'm done with you and your lies!"

As she attempted to walk off, I shot up and grabbed her arm.

"No, no. What the hell are you doing?"

She plucked her arm away, looking at me with broken eyes filled with clear disbelief.

"Zoe?"

"Fuck you!" she yelled, attracting more eyes.

Then she stormed off. But I followed after her. Her walk turned into a jog, so I ran after her, calling her name.

But she wasn't fast enough.

Finally I grabbed her arm, and this time she couldn't pull away. She had me furious.

"Zoe, stop!"

"No!" she said, still tugging.

I grabbed her other upp-arm, holding her tightly.

"What the hell is-"

"Liar!" she yelled. "Should've known. I should have known."

I looked at her in confusion. "Known what?"

"You're a little fucked up liar. From the start. You knew all this time and kept lying!"

She was not making sense.

"Your father killed my only family! And you dared to lie. After everything!"

I stared at her, my grip somehow loosening.

"Zoe-"

"No, fuck you!" she yelled, finally pulling away. She took a couple steps back. "You lied." Her voice was suddenly broken. Shattered. Soft.

"I didnt-"

"You can shove that up your ass, Riddle. I don't want to hear your excuses."

Suddenly, from behind me, Theodore walked passed me, stepped beside her.

"Come on," he said softly.

My eyes shot to him. "Don't fucking touch-"

"No!" she yelled, pointing at me. "Go to hell, Mattheo. Go to fucking hell."

Theodore led her back, before they both walked down the corridor.

Who the fuck-

-----

"Bout damn time," Tom said as he stretched out his back. "And thanks for the names. I ought to-"

"You're not doing anything!" I yelled, making him frown, looking at me. "You leave them all alone, you hear me?"

"I'm sorry, what?" Arcturus sighed. "Matty, he's not ganna-"

"You touch a single soul-" I said, glaring at Tom; "-you die. Got it?"

He scoffed. "Are you joking?" he laughed lightly. "An entire month I've waited, and the day after you give them to me, you 'order' me to not touch a soul? What did you smoke?"

Arcturus saw me push my fists deeper against the table.

"Do you understand me? Thomas."

His eyebrows lift as he looked at me semi-shocked. "And why would i-"

Suddenly a knife flew across the room; and straight into the bed post inches from Tom's head.

"Got. It?"

He looked from the knife to me. "Merlin gave you guts. God damn time."

"For fuck sakes!" I yelled, silencing him. "Don't you hear me? Or do you want to die?!"

He looked at Arcturus, who immediately looked away in surprise. Then he looked at me.

"Oh you're dad's problem then."

Suddenly he vanished into a black cloud, before bursting out of the window and vanishing. I turned to Arcturus.

"Say a word, and you're dead. Alright, Black?"

He gave a nod, not even meeting my eyes.

"Good. I have a job for you."

-----

Friday.

Sitting down in the Great Hall; I couldn't help but glance down the table, but she wasn't to be seen.

"Leave it, Riddle," Theodore said, making me look his way. "She's been in her room all day. Aria told us she's sick, but you know... lies go around easily."

I simply just looked down at the food in front of us.

I've lost my appetite.

[806 words]