ten

Friday.

The entire day was torture. For hours I'd think about one of three things:

1. The way Mattheo looked up at me last night...
2. Tonight at the clock tower...
3. That damn fucking whisper...

By lunch I was already exhausted. The day had come on for way too long and I was literally just not in the mood anymore.

Eventually the school day ended, and I made my way straight to the Great Hall where I did my homework. Mattheo wasn't to be found.

I went straight to my room, where I watched the clock as it passed with time. Some time later, I put my book down and got dressed.

A loose, green dress, that wasn't too long, but neither too short. I pulled on my knee-high socks and convers. All finished off my a dark green beanie.

I managed to sneak out of the common room unseen, before I snuck down the corridors. I wasn't worries about being seen by anyone except my friends.

In the Clock Tower, I waited. I arrived before Mattheo, but I was ten minutes early. I sat against the wall, while picking at a little screw I picked up.

"Early I see."

I looked up at Mattheo, seeing him smile as he walked towards me. I didn't stand up, but instead just looked at him, smiling.

"I got bored."

He sat down beside me, laying one leg down, but keeping the right up. His head turned to me. I could smell the sweet smell of liquorice. So sweet.

"So why did the oh-so-mysterious Mattheo want to meet me here?" I asked smiling.

"I want to get to know you," he said, making me nod, looking away.

"Me? Wow, you're making me feel so special."

He laughed. "Well, I hear you're a mystery for the house. Why?"

I shrugged. "I'm just not an open person, that's all."

He nodded, clearly keeping back his laughter.

I scoffed playfully, followed by rolling my eyes. "Ask me questions then. Only if I may ask some in return."

He agreed easily, before asking away.

"Do you prefer ice in a glass of water, or not?"

I frowned. "You could've asked me something like my blood status, but you lead with that?"

He laughed. "Come on, just answer it."

I shook my head in confusion. "With ice. I like chewing it."

He nodded. "And a soda with or without ice?"

"I drink it out of a can?" I answered, looking at him in confusion. "Don't tell me you pour it into a glass!"

"It's better that way!"

"No!" I laughed.

He laughed as well, while shaking his head. "I cannot believe you're like this," he said, making me scoff.

"Like what? A sane human being?"

He chuckled, looking at me again. "Fine. I'm insane. Deal with it."

Smiling, I shook my head. "Alright then, next question, mysterious Mattheo."

-----

That's how it went for hours. He'd teasingly insult my answers, and I'd mock his stupid and simple questions. It was an unending cycle.