fifty-three

Saturday.

"It's a few scratches-"

"And a broken fucking arm!" Pansy snapped. "Fuck, Zoe. Couldn't you have stayed in that bathroom a little longer?!"

My eyes shifted from her to Mattheo on the medical bed.

Apparently after that chair hit us, he went bazerk. The place was filled with broken bottles and wood by the time some of the people working there helped carry me and Astoria to the castle. We became the whisper of the school.

Mattheo had a glass scatter into his face, but only needed three stitched on his jaw and four on his nose. The rest were minor. Theo looked better, and Draco looked fucked.

But they kept saying that it was worth it.

"I can't believe you refused that potion."

"Merlin no," I gaged. "It's terrible. Had it before- never fucking again. The taste stays in your mouth for days. No way."

"You're ganna regret that in two weeks."

"I don't care," I laughed. "That's then's problem. Not now's."

-----

Monday.

"Blaise!"

His name echoed the corridor as Pansy aggressively shoved passed children.

"Get back here!"

He laughed as he clearly slipped into a classroom. Pansy grew more frustrated as she pushed passed kids, before finally pulling my by my free arm into the classroom, only for the door to be shut behind us, and then locked.

"What the-"

"Shh," Mattheo laughed as he covered my mouth with his one hand, pulling me against him by my waist with the other.

I gave a questioning look, before noticing the others in the once our Detention classroom.

"We're bunking," Theo smiled.

"Enzo? Astoria?" Pansy asked.

"Astoria had to redo some assignment and Enzo is just a piece of shit," Blaise complained.

"Draco?" I asked once Mattheo let go of my mouth.

"Still in the dorm. Won't leave looking like a battlefield in world war two."

I smiled, before sitting down on the nearest available table. Mattheo pulled a chair closer before sitting down in front of me, pulling my legs over his shoulders.

"So what? We sit and do nothing?"

"Until lunch," Blaise shrugged. "Then we sort of just slip out and go wherever. This was like plan A."

"Crap plan," I bit.

Mattheo laughed, leaning his head against my one thigh.

Suddenly the door flew open, and Enzo stumbled inside, shutting the door behind him.

"Hey?" someone yelled, banging on the door.

"Is that Alex?" I asked, gesturing for Mattheo to move. He did, and I stood up, walking to the door.

"Fucking open up!" Alex said, banging on the door. "Open up, fucker!"

"What did you do?" I asked, stepping aside the door.

Enzo looked guilty, for sure. He gave an 'innocent' yet clearly fake smile-like smile.

"Enzo?"

"Open up fucker! Get out here!"

"I bumped into him on my way to class and then he got mad and called me a shitty Pureblood and I lost I and threw him with pumpkin juice. And then he chased me."

"Are you stupid?!"

"Hey!" Alex yelled again, banging on the door.

I had enough, and plucked the door open, seeing both Alex and Joe on the other side. They froze when seeing me.

"Zoe?"

"Enzo, apologize," I said, looking at him. "Now!"

"I'm sorry," Enzo said, clearly just as pissed as Alex was when he scoffed.

Then I looked at Alex. "Now you apologize as well, Mister-shitty-pureblood."

"Are you-"

"Apologize!" I bit.

"Sorry for my honesty."

I smiled. "Great. Now got were trying to bunk."

I shut the door, before turning to Enzo. "Don't go picking fights, ok?"

Mattheo smiled as I sat back down on the table. "That was hot."

I laughed, before looking at Pansy, then Theo. He was looking at me, clearly trying not to laugh. I smiled, shaking my head as I weaved my hand back into Mattheo's hair when he sat down in front of me.

"So what now?" Pansy asked. "I'm bored."

I laughed. "Good luck for the next few hours then."

[665 words]