fifty-seven

⚠️ tw: a liar and a toxic bitch.

Mattheo’s POV

Thursday

When she pulled away, I sort of froze. I don't know what I'd actually call it. I was still present, with my hand still resting on her waist, but the rest of my body was sort of numb.

Probably due to the weed.

But when my vision focused, I immediately pulled away, stepping back.

Oh fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuck.

"What the fuck, Pansy?!"

She frowned. "What?"

I looked around the place. There wasn't an eye in sight on us. When I looked at her again, she was pulling her thumb over her bottom lip.

"This did not happen!" I said, but then another gush of blurriness blew over me.

Then things went wrong.

-----

Friday.
(Morning. Around 12:30 am.)

I don't know how long I had been blank, but the next thing I remember, was being soaked with water.

In front of me stood Draco and Theodore, both looking at me in clear refusal to laugh. I groaned, looking around.

The party was still going, so it was probably not that late.

"Dude. What the fuck is going on with you?" Draco laughed. "I'd say you were drunk, but those eyes are making me say high."

Theodore laughed. "Dude. You good?"

"Where's Zoe?" I groaned, looking around again.

Theodore's head also scanned the place, before stopping; his eyes on a group of girls dancing.

"Dance floor- or dance ground if I should say."

I looked their way, and Zoe was spinning around with Astoria, Pansy and I think a Gryffindornamed Mary... For some reason Mary was with them. I don't know.

"If you have to go, go," Theodore said, but I shook my head.

"I'm fine. I'll just stop drinking."

Draco laughed. "Come on, man. Just go if you're not up to it-"

"I'll be fucking fine!" I protested, making him lift his hands in retreat as he took a step back.

"Your bitch," he told Theodore, before walking off.

Theodore then sat down beside me, looking at the girls. "You think you'll be able to do that verbal tomorrow?"

I scoffed. "Do it: sure. Pass it: no."

He laughed.

Suddenly Zoe's eyes met mine, and she smiled. I smiled back. She then turned to Mary, told her something, and Mary smiled.

Then they both came to us, and Zoe took my hand, while Mary took Theodore's. Clearly he was too drunk to care.

They pulled us to the dance floor, and it was as if the music became louder. The floor was busy, but they seemed careless.

Suddenly, Zoe held her one hand in mine, standing with her back against my chest. To my surprise, she started moving her hips in circles against me.

I swear I had never gotten a boner so quickly.

Then she lowered herself, her hand still in mine, her head held back so that she could meet my eyes.

Fuck she looked gorgeous.

When she stood up again, my hands moved to her hips, suddenly moving my hips with hers. She hand her arms behind her, around my neck, while she was wrongly exciting my boner more.

"Zoe," I groaned in her ear.

She grinned.

Yet when I looked in front of us, I suddenly saw Pansy dancing with some girl, and it was as if my mood dropped- almost. The memory of her kissing me reappeared in my head, and I felt disgusted with myself.

Once Zoe removed her arms from my neck, I looked down, seeing her turn around. She was smiling, widely.

"What about a swim?"

"A swim?" I asked in shock. "Darling uts like eleven pm?"

"One am!" she yelled.

Oh fuck. I had been blank for three or four fucking hours?

Then she grabbed my hand, and Mary's, before pulling us after her through the crowds, to the water. There, she suddenly started removing clothing.

I froze.

"Zoe!" Mary laughed as Zoe pulled her dress off.

"Fuck, no-" I tried stopping her, but the next thing everyone heard was a splash, and she was in the lake.

Then Mary joined, and slowly one-for-one a lot of other students joined as well. At first I only watched, but then Zoe attempted to walk out to get me- but she was only in underwear. So I slipped of my shoes and then rushed in to her.

Fuck the water was cold.

She laughed, suddenly splashing me with water. I groaned, before splashing her back.

Within seconds the entire place was filled with flying water. It was actually amusing and fun for a moment.

Theodore and Draco didn't enter; they just watched.

Then the image of a flash caught my eye, and it was a sixth-year student taking a photo of us.

Great.

-----

I think it was two-thirty when we all returned to the castle. The teachers were hysterical. All of them.

Apparently no one knew.

The floors were soaked, and the dormitories nearly empty. It was amusing to see all the teachers ranting on, and students being either too drunk, high, or cold to care.

And soon the teachers gave up.

We were sent to our dorms, and even there things were a mess. Whether it was a drunk fifth year mocking Snape while standing on a table, or a girl soaked in more tears than lake water- nothing was quiet.

Until the clock reached 4 am.

The castle had never been more quiet. Yet not everyone was asleep. Some of us still sat in the common room, but no one said a word.

Zoe had fallen asleep on my lap, and I didn't have the courage to move.

And soon, I had fallen asleep, right there. Not long before everyone else.

Not long before the bells would ring for everyone to wake up.

[968 words]