seventeen

Mattheo’s POV

Thursday.

I understand now that what I did was stupid. I should've thought it through before literally tumbling over her; or touching her skin like that; or even making her look at me so desperately.

I couldn't even look at her today, in Potions. Even though she sat beside me. Every time I looked at her, the image of her looking up at me like yesterday would fill my mind.

I wanted that again. So fucking badly.

After Potions it was Lunch. There, she acted as if nothing had happened. She seated herself with her friends, and didn't glance at me. That made me crazy.

Did yesterday even happen to her?

After Lunch I found myself in Transfigurations before her. I sat at my seat in the back of the classroom, yet my eyes were on her empty table.

Then she entered.

Barely half way to her desk, I knew what she thought. She glanced at me, then she looked at the desk. When she sat down, she shifted in her seat a few times, before calming down.

She looked so gorgeous. Her hair lose and her skin shimmering in the light than shown through the windows.

This was going to be a long day.

-----

"Ready for Quidditch, mate?"

I gave a nod as I tied my shoelaces.

It was finally our turn to practice, after Harry hogged the rest of the week, which McGonagall and Snape noticed, marking it unfair.

Everyone slipped their way out of the dressing rooms, leaving me behind. I needed a few seconds to myself.

Her lips. Just her-

"Why are you taking so long?"

I looked up, meeting her gorgeous eyes. She smiled as she leaned against one of the lockers.

"Just in thought," I chuckled, pulling my gloves onto my hands. "I'll be out in a minute."

"I heard you got detention for bunking Potions."

I nodded. "Snape’s an arse."

She shrugged while I stood up. "I would've given you Detention as well, if I could."

I laughed, grabbing my broom. "Are you even allowed back here?"

"I don't know?" She shrugged. "Probably not..."

"Come on then," I said, gesturing for her to make her way out of the Slytherin dressing rooms. "Come."

When we stepped outside, she vanished. I only saw her again when she sat on the bleachers with her friends.

We were split into two groups, and to my relief, I was the Keeper.

Throughout the entire afternoon, we did runs after runs. They had us practice every position, as if the day of the match we'd have different plans. It confused us all, but no one complained.