eight

Mattheo’s POV

Thursday.

Looking around the table, I noticed her not being present at dinner. It caused a frown upon my eyes.

But then; when I looked up at the doors, she and her friends entered. I watched her as she laughed with them, before seating themselves a few groups away. Three left for their own house tables, while the rest remained.

She braided her hair. As short as it was, it looked quite beautifully braided.

Someone else must’ve done it…

My view got interrupted by Malfoy as he and his friends sat down. I sighed, averting my eyes to the food in front of me; but I felt Malfoy gaze my way. Then Zabini’s. Then Nott’s.

“You seem oddly familiar,” Malfoy stated, making me look at him. “Who are you?”

“Why do you concern yourself with me?” I muttered, making Malfoy scoff.

“I beg your pardon? You do not speak to me that way?”

I glared at him, and my eyes moved to her. She was smiling, looking at Alex McKinnon in front of her. I then looked back at Malfoy who was still looking at me, along with his ‘friends’.

“I’ll tell whatever you want to know about me if you tell me one thing.”

Malfoy laughed, but then realised I was serious. “What is it that you want to know?”

“Everything you know about her,” I said, looking at Jane Zoe Leeon.

Malfoy looked at her, before looking back at me. “Really? Her?”

“Yes,” I said, glaring at him. “And don’t hold anything back.”

“Jane Zoe Leeon,” Pansy said, making me look at her. “Sixth year. Slytherin. She doesn’t have a dad. He was murdered. Her mother raised her alone. They’re close. Pretty close. Only child. Never speaks about her family or life outside of Hogwarts. She gets B’s or B-‘s in all her subjects except Astrology. There she has never gotten under an A. She tutors often. She is a size small en extra-small in all clothing, and her shoe size is a five. Not a fan of baggy clothes. Loves dresses and mom-jeans. She doesn’t like liquorice but loves the smell. She’s crazy over strawberries. Of all things… She’s allergic to bees and she can’t stand nuts. The feeling of chewing it makes her nauseous. She’s on iron deficiency pills, due to low iron, and she tries hard to be a vegetarian. She loves reading. Romance; fantasy; sci-fi. She’s a real book nerd, despite her grades. She’s addicted to caffeine and grapes. Literal grapes. She despises Snape, and DADA itself. She’s an Aries and she owna a little snake stuffed animal with wings on it like a butterfly; she named Mariposa.”

We all looked at her with wide eyes. She shrugged, looking down at her food.

“She’s also a mess when drunk,” Theodore said. “She is never the same at parties, but we figured out the five things she does at every single party.”

“One,” Blaise started, holding up a finger, “She dances a lot. Two,” he said, raising another finger with each count, "She flirts with who she wants. Men, of course. Everyone knows that she doesn’t do girls. Three, she drinks more, and no one can get her to stop. Four, she gets reckless. She’ll do stupid things if someone doesn’t stop her. And five…”

“She’ll sleep with who she wants,” Draco said, looking her way.

“You're saying she's a slut?” I asked, glaring at Draco.

He looked at me. “She’s a bitch, for sure. And hit me because I spoke the truth. She is.”

“So are we,” Pansy said, glaring at him, before looking at me. “Look, she’s not a slut. She has drunk sex and that’s it. She doesn’t mark it. She doesn’t beg for a round two. She doesn’t care about you the next morning. She’s careless when time moves on. Her body count is five."

“Has any of you slept with her?” I asked, poking at the food on my plate.”

Everyone looked at Theodore. “I have. That’s it.”

I rose an eyebrow. “Anything else about her?”

“She’s a mudblood,” Draco said, and immediately my eyes fell onto him, widened. “Her parents are muggles. She’s through and through supposed to be magicless.”

"But the rest is a mystery," Pansy said, picking at the dood in her plate. "No one knows her that good."

I nodded, before looking at her again.

"My turn," Draco shifted. "What's your name, buddy? Full name."

"Mattheo," I said, looking at him again. "Mattheo Riddle."

The group went silent as they looked at me blankly.

"No one knows, and I'd like to keep it that way. Understood, Malfoy? Especially her."

He nodded quicker than his name came from my lips. I smiled, standing up.

"That's me."

I looked at her group one final rime, and this time they were looking at Draco’s group. Then her eyes met mine. She gave a small smile, and I couldn't help but give one back in return.

Then I left the Great Hall.

[838 words]