twenty

Monday.

The smell of dust was everywhere. It had me sneezing constantly, but somehow I was the only one who smelled it.

"I think she's sick."

"I'm fine," I defended, before sneezing into a tissue Mary had stuffed into my hands earlier.

"She is sick," Dorcas said as she pressed her hand against my forehead. "Were you up last night or were you feeling unwell or what?"

"I'm fine," I said, pushing her hand away from me. "I'm just a little sensitive to something in the air."

"It's not Spring?" Aria frowned. "I know you're sensitive to pollen, but not dust?"

"Pepper, maybe?" Alex asked, but Aria shook her head.

"She loves adding pepper to her food. She wont just sneeze because of it."

"She's sick."

"I'm not sick!" I yelled, looking at Mary. "I'm fine." My voice came out calmer. "I'm just sneezing. That's all."

"She has a fever," Dorcas said, making me groan. "She is sick."

"Then why is she here?" Alex asked, looking at Aria.

She shrugged. "She refused to stay in bed."

"I'm not sick," I argued, before sneezing into the tissue, again.

"Please tell me someone will send her to her dorm, or Madam Pomfrey."

"She's at McGonagall first. She'll send her away the moment she sneezes."

"I'm not sick-"

"You're sick!" It came like a choir from Alex, Dorcas and Maya.

I groaned.

The bell rang, and I didn't even want to wait for the others. I grabbed my bag and rushed off to Transfigurations.

And they were right. Not even ten minutes into the period, McGonagall sent me to Madam Pomfrey.

I made my way there, and she gave me medicine.

"Theodore. Please take her to her dorm. She's drownsy and she'll either pass out or fall asleep soon."

"Yes, Madam."

I looked at him. "No."

"I like it less than you do, Leeon. But you're sick. Come on."

I stood up, refusing his help. Yet, he still walked with me.

Madam Pomfrey was right. I felt fairly drowsy. Yet, as rules went, we were not allowed to stay in the beds for flu's.

"How do you feel?"

"Drowsy."

He chuckled, making me glance at him. Clearing his throat, he walked more up straight.

"Why are you helping me?" I asked, making him shrug.

"As Madam Pomfrey said. If you pass out, you will maybe pass out in the corridor. I saw the medicine she gave you. They're strong. Gives you ten minutes max before you pass out completely. It has been three."

I looked at him as he continued.

"That'll mean you'll barely reach the great hall. At least you'll have company, and I'll be able to help you walk if you can't anymore."

1. How did he know all this?
2. Why was he being so friendly?
3. Why was I so fucking drowsy?

I'm not even sick!