twenty-four

Mattheo’s POV

Monday.

Her eyes were wide. I don't know if it was because of the rain falling over her face, or the fact that Blaise Blaise was leaning over to punch me, or maybe because I was streaming with my own blood.

But she looked at us, quite terrified.

She had the right to be. Theodore had pissed me off for the final time.

"Stop this!" she yelled, but not quick enough to stop Blaise from punching me through the face.

Draco plucked him away from me, cursing under his breath. Theodore stood up, aiming towards me again but Draco shoved him back as well, cursing at them both.

All while I laid on my back, grasping rhe air I could find. There was quote a lot of blood in my mouth. Yet somehow I didn't think of coughing it out. It felt somehow normal.

"Spit."

I looked to my side, suddenly seeing her bend down beside me.

"Spit it out, Mattheo."

I couldn't not do what she said. So I sat up, spitting the blood onto the soaking ground in front of me.

"Come on then," Draco yelled on the children standing around. "Fuck off, it's over."

They lost their amusement, and scurried off,mumbling under the rain. 

I looked at her, shuffling through her bag.

"Where were you?" I asked, before spitting more blood onto the ground.

She pulled a napkin from her bag. "Uhm, forgot something on the bleachers."

She pushed the napkin under my bottom lip, against my chin. Yet to no use thanks to the rain. The napkin didn't last.

"Shit," she cursed as she dug into her bag again.

I sighed. "Zoe, stop-"

"It's fine, I have anoth-"

"Zoe," I groaned as I leaned forward, grabbing her arm.

She looked at me, then sighed. "Alright, come."

When I made it to my feet, she helped me walk to the castle. The others were far ahead, and I know Theodore still wanted to kill me.

The feeling was mutual.

-----

"Need help dear?"

Zoe smiled as she looked at Madam Pomfrey. "It's alright ma'am. We won't be long."

She nodded, before walking to Theodore's bed.

Zoe sipped the cloth in her hand into alcohol again, before bringing it to my nose which's scar tore open.

I fit down onto my tongue, tasting the fresh blood. She was gonna freak when she sees the new blood.

"Mattheo."

Both of us looked up at Professor Lupin as he stepped beside my bed. Zoe excused herself, but Professor Lupin asked her to stay. She continued to clean my wounds.

"Can you tell me what happened?"

I sighed. "We had an argument."

"You and?"

"Theodore."

He nodded. "What did you argue about?"

I shrugged, but that made Zoe glare at me to sit still, and I sighed, obeying.