Chapter 4

Third Person POV

"Dental department, how can I help you?" the secretary answered the phone. 

"Hi, I'm calling from St. Joseph's hospital. A student of yours has been in a serious accident and has been brought into St. Joseph's. We need any information that you may have so we can contact her family," the nurse stated. 

"Let me put Mrs. Jennie Kim on, she runs the department here. She may be able to help you. One moment." the secretary said. The secretary relayed the information to Jennie. 

Jennie answered the phone. "Hello, this is Jennie Kim speaking, how can I help you?" 

"Hello Mrs. Kim, do you have any family information on a student named Lalisa Manoban? She was brought in not long ago and we need to let her family know of her condition." 

Jennie took a sharp intake of breath and asked the nurse about Lisa's condition and what had happened. 

The nurse stated, "Well she was in a serious car accident and is undergoing surgery now. The seriousness of her condition is really unknown right now, but we need to get a hold of her family."

Jennie held back her tears and was numb as she fumbled through Lisa's file. "Let me check in her file, it says she has an older brother here," Jennie paused for a few minutes as she read on. 

She cleared her throat before talking, "It seems that her brother is her only living family member. It says he's in the Navy out of the country but she did list his phone number here in case of an emergency. His name is Leo Manoban," Jennie continued to give the nurse the information and number. 

"Thank you, Mrs. Kim, we'll try giving him a call now," the nurse hung up, and Jennie stood there dumbfounded for a few moments. 

"Oh Lisa what did you do? Is this my fault?" Jennie pondered out loud. Jennie sighed deeply, feeling guilty that maybe in some way this was her fault. 

Her nerves were shattered. She never knew too much about Lisa's personal life, nor that her brother was the only one in her family left alive which only added more fuel to Jennie's guilt. Heck she didn't even know that Lisa had a brother. 

"What if they can't reach him. I need to get to the hospital and find out what's going on," Jennie thought to herself while still standing there with the receiver in her hand. Her hands shaking in shock, or was it something more, but she felt she needed to be at the hospital for Lisa. 

"Is everything all right?" the secretary asked as she took the phone from Jennie's hand. 

Jennie straightened herself up, she didn't want to lose it right there in front of everyone. "Kathy, I'm taking the rest of the afternoon off. Let Joan and the others know. Lisa Manoban was the one in the car accident the nurse was talking about. I want to head on over to the hospital and find out more about her condition. I'll let you guys know about her condition when I can." 

"Sure Jennie, I'll let Joan and the others know. We'll keep Lisa in our prayers. I hope it's nothing too serious." 

"Thanks, Kathy. I hope it's nothing too serious either." Jennie felt that even as she said those words she knew that it was. Jennie walked out of the clinic, grabbed her things, and barely made it to her car before she felt herself break down and cry. "Please be okay Lisa," Jennie said under her breath as she drove away out of the clinic's parking lot. 

Jennie drove into the hospital's lot and parked her car. She wiped her eyes before leaving her car. She straightened her clothes and herself and then she walked uneasily to the administration area of the hospital. "Okay Jennie get yourself together here." She took a deep breath and walked through the doors.