Chapter 30

Lisa's POV

"Please don't leave Lili, I do love you, and need you in my life. We'll work this out, please, stay with me," she begged and pleaded. I saw the love but also confusion in her eyes.

"I can't be in the middle of you and your husband, Jennie. I love you too much. I want you, and only you, but I won't be your little pawn in this. I can't be with you if you sleep in his bed. I'm sorry Jen, I'm so sorry," I said crying and turning away from her.

"Please!" she cried out, "I love you!"

"Oh God, Jennie, I love you so much, please don't make it harder for me," I said as I pulled her in for one last passionate kiss. "God if only you could tell me you didn't love him, and only wanted me, but you can't..."

I turned and walked out of her life for good.

~~~

Third Person's POV

Jennie collapsed on the floor screaming out to Lisa crying but it did no good. Lisa had already left her. Jennie remained in that position all night in a ball, crying and sobbing for she had lost the best thing in her life.

She couldn't stop it from happening. What Lisa had said was true, she did still cared for her husband and was in love with them both, and for the life of her she didn'tknow what to do, or know how she could ever live without Lisa either, for she loved her with all of her heart.

Lisa had ran outside to her car crying uncontrollably. She couldn't look back. She knew she would give in to her. She loved her so much and couldn't imagine her life without her, but she had to leave, run from her.

Lisa climbed into her car and made the heart wrenching drive away from Jennie's house, leaving her for good.

~~~

The next few weeks before graduation were the hardest for both them both. They hadn't seen or made contact since then, and they both were miserable and depressed and missing the other, but neither one would give in and call.

Lisa was running again, like she did in her past. She had to get away from all of the hurt and pain. She did her best and sent out resumes to everyone out of state to find a program she could start immediately soon after graduation where she could acquire her clinical skills and work later on.

She figured nothing was keeping her there anymore, so she needed to get away from it all. She had to get away from Jennie, and instead of facing her fears, she was running from them yet again.

~~~

One week before graduation she received a call. There had been other responses to her resumes but this one took her the furthest away from all of her hurt and pain. A call came in from Pennsylvania.

"Hello, may I speak with Ms. Manoban, please?" the person from the other end asked.

"Yes, this is her speaking."

"Hello Ms. Manoban, my name is Dr. Kim, I'm calling from Pennsylvania. You sent us your resume and cover letter explaining your situation with obtaining clinical requirements as well as a job postion. Well, I have a proposition for you, if you are interested?"

Lisa's POV

"Yes, go ahead," I said eagerly but also sad since the doctor shared Jennie's last name. I guess I won't be able to get rid of her completely.

"I have two practices here. I supervise and run the clinic here at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, and also have my own private practice as well. You could help me and assist me at the university and gain your clinical requirements that way. And if you pass your boards and promise me a contract to work at my practice afterwards then I'll hire you. Now let me tell you, there are others I'm considering but your resume and cover letter intrigued me. If you're interested let me know, but I do need to know soon, as we want to hire someone as soon as possible."