Chapter 9

Lisa's POV

Later that evening, the doctor came in and told me that I could go home the next day, only if I found someone to help me for a few weeks. I assured him that I would be staying at Jennie's to recover.

Jennie had decided to leave soon after Leo did, so I was now alone. I felt a little lonely with my brother gone, and a little nervous about tomorrow.

I have been here a few weeks now, though it has gone by really fast with my brother and Jennie visiting.

I rolled onto my side and finally drifted off to sleep, wondering about what tomorrow would bring.

I only know I'm glad to finally get out of here.

~ The next day ~

I'm sitting here waiting for Jennie to pick me up. I'm not too sure if I'm ready for this though.

Jennie went to my apartment earlier to grab some of my clothes and said she would get her house ready for me.

The nurse helped me dress and got my belongings, or what's left of them after the accident.

The waiting is driving me crazy. I don't know why. I shouldn't be that desperate to get out of here, 'cause then I'll be alone with Jennie. But I guess it's inevitable now. 

I wonder what's taking her so long though. It's been a couple of hours since I gave her my apartment keys to get my things.

Just as I was wondering, Jennie walked through the door, smiling and carrying a bag.

"Hi, Lisa, I thought you would like some fresh clothes to wear before leaving. If you want to get changed that is, but it's up to you."

"It's alright Jennie, I can just go like this to your house for now. Besides, when I get there I'll probably change into something comfortable that's not too constricting on my stomach here with the bandages and all."

"That's fine. So are you ready to go then?"

"Yeah, we just need the doc's signature to release me and then we can go. The nurse told me to call her when you arrived so she would get the doctor."

We sat in silence and waited for the doctor, not knowing what else to say to each other. The silence was deafening.

When is the damn doctor going to get here? Hmmm...what can I say to her to break the silence?

"Good morning, Ms. Manoban, are you ready to go home?" Dr. Sou asked as he walked through the door just in time.

"Umm...well it won't be my home," I said while turning and looking at Jennie, "but yep I'm glad to get out of here," I smiled.

"Well, I'm glad, young lady. Now the nurse will go over the instructions on how to take care of your stitches."

I nodded in agreement.

"Try to take it easy for the next few weeks, okay? We'll set up an appointment soon to let you know when you can get that cast off. So with that said, you're free to go," he informed me while signing the release forms.

"Thanks, Dr. Sou. Thanks for everything," I said as the nurse helped me into the wheelchair.

"No problem Lisa, I'm just glad this has a happy ending and you're still with us. You take care of yourself now," Dr. Sou kindly said as he walked out the door.

I looked at the nurse and she proceeded to go over the instructions with us. After she finished, she handed me my belongings and Jennie, my crutches.

I looked at Jennie, "So I guess we can go now."