Chapter 25

Lisa's POV

The waitress came to our table and Jennie handed her credit card and paid the bill. I couldn't imagine after everything we ate what the cost of all of that came to.

"So, are you ready to go, Lisa?" Jennie asked as she got up andgrabbed her purse.

"Definitely," I smiled. "I think we both need to go for a runnow and work out all we ate. Wait, are you okay to drive? Because I feel a bit tipsy. "

"I'm fine, don't worry. I have a high tolerance, so come on Ms. Manoban, let's get out of here." Jennie smirked grabbingmy arm.

I turned and faced Jennie as we headed out the door."Thanks, Jen, for the lovely dinner. It really means a lot that you did this for me."

"I wanted to, Lisa. I really enjoyed this evening. You deserve to have someone treat you right for once," Jennie said softly aswe walked to her car.

It was dark out now, and the freshness of the night filled the air and made you feel alive.

"Hmmm...what a nice evening...isn't it?" I said as I breathed in the night air.

"Yes, it's beautiful out," Jennie smiled at me as we got in her car.

She started the car, and as far as I knew we were heading back to her place, but then went right by her exit and continued on till she pulled off the road near the lakeside.

Jennie turned to me."I thought it was such a nice evening out, so why don't we go for a walk along the lake? I hope you don't mind..."

I swallowed, "Um...no, of course not, it's a lovely night...um...a nice walk would be nice," I said very nervously.

Jennie and I got out of her car and began to walk down to the lake. We were quiet as we approached it.

As we reached the sand we both took off our shoes and walked barefoot. So much for my stockings...I thought amusingly.

The cool night air brushed over our bodies, as we walked along the edge of the lake, listening to the water rush back and forth. We were silent in our thoughts as we enjoyed the night and each other's company.

I would find myself occassionally looking over at Jennie smiling and admiring how beautiful she looked as the moonlit night reflected off her face showing her beauty. She would smile back at me in silence as we continued to walk along the sand in our quietness.

The farther we walked, the darker and later it became, though at that moment time seemed to stand still for the both of us.

We soon turned around and slowly walked back to her car enjoying our time together. We approached her car and looked back at the lake one last time, as to imprint our walk and our time together that night in our memories for good.

I breathed the cool refreshing lake air one last time, closing my eyes remembering this feeling of quietness and solitude of love I felt at that moment before I turned and got into Jennie's car.

Jennie looked over at me and smiled softly before we drove off heading back to her house. I rested my head back on the seat, thinking of how wonderful the night had been as we drove in silence.

We pulled into her driveway and we both got out and walked to the door. I followed her in, closing the front door behind me.

We both walked to the couch and collapsed, resting our heads on the back of the couch totally relaxed. We both turned to each other and started to laugh and smile.

Although we were both exhausted, we didn't want the night to end. It had been such a wonderful evening, but I knew Jennie would have to get up early for work.