Nick notices Charlie isn't eating

Tw: eating disorder

The last thing Charlie wanted was to be late for school and have to run into his first lesson late. He knew he'd already missed form which pained him a little bit; it was the only time he could see his straight boy crush, Nick.

As he half walked, half ran into the school gates he suddenly felt light-headed. If he was honest with himself, Charlie knew why. He hadn't eaten anything for almost two days now. He just wasn't hungry and would much rather have some water if the stomach cramps got too bad.

Racing through the corridors to make his Maths class before the bell, he tried to put the almost overwhelming feeling of fainting to the back of his mind.

"Charlie" His teacher stated as he came to a sudden stop at the door
"Sir" He mumbled, rushing to his seat just as the bell sounded.

The class was boring as usual, the one thing getting Charlie through it was seeing Nick afterwards. All of the rest of Charlie's friends said that this was stupid. That there was no way that Nick liked him back.

"He's the straightest man I've seen" They would tell him constantly and yet Charlie held onto the slight looks Nick would give him. The look in his eyes when he looked at him. Not to mention the oddly long hugs for two friends that didn't like each other romantically.

"Did you want to come to mine after school?" Nick asked as the two of them walked through the bustling school corridor
"Uh- okay" Charlie stammered out, a little taken back that Nick was inviting him round so casually
"We can make pizzas!" Nick said enthusiastically and Charlie's heart dropped to the floor, "Don't you like pizza?" Nick quickly asked, seeing Charlies change in expression.
"No- I mean yes, I-" Charlie stammered again, not knowing what to say, "I-I was just going to get something from the canteen later so I won't be hungry later" He sighed in what sounded sadness but was actually relief at the good excuse he had come up with from the top of his head.
"Why are you lying to me?" Nick's tone was one that Charlie hadn't heard before and he retreated within himself slightly at his words.

Once Charlie didn't say anything, Nick continued, "Why aren't you eating?"
"What?' Charlie tried to adopt a tone that made him sound like what Nick had just suggested was ridiculous, but he couldn't.
"I've not seen you eat anything for a couple of days and now you're refusing pizza" Nick said matter of factly, as if he had rehearsed this whole conversation in his head already.

As much as Charlie wanted to say something, no words came and Nick stopped walking. Grabbing Charlie's hand as he did.

"Charlie" He started quietly, saying his name carefully. Like Charlie's name was as delicate as a finely spun piece of glass rolling off his tongue.

Charlie swallowed, gazing into Nick's eyes. Trying to work out what he was about to say.
"You need to eat else you might-" Nick stopped suddenly, "I care about you Charlie" And his face was suddenly full of love. Like Charlie was the most beautiful thing in the world.

Charlie still couldn't talk and so just nodded in response, looking down slowly at their hands which were still touching.