Charlie's jealous about Nick

For lovethegossipxox - hope you like it!

As if this book is on 35k and top 20 in heartstopper?! 😭😭 Thank you for all the love fr ❤️

Charlie's POV

I shouldn't be jealous, I kept telling myself over and over as I watched Nick having a good time with all our friends. It's not his fault that I'm sulking for no good reason.

I've been feeling like this for about a week now and I can't work out why. It's like a switch has gone in my brain and I'm sinking. I feel so far away from everyone yet they're right here.

"We don't have to go" Nick had told me, he was sweet like that - willing to miss out on things just because I didn't want to go and he'd done it a lot recently. He'd missed out on things because my shy and introverted ass couldn't go.

Nick is so good at these sort of things I find myself thinking as I continue watching him. I'm sat on my own in the corner of the room. We're at Elle's because it's a rare occasion that her parents are away. Everyone's here and we could even invite plus ones so Nick brought a couple of his friends. I'd insisted that he did because I knew that I wouldn't be much fun.

I really want to be, I really want to be like Nick who can just start a conversation with anyone. Even people he's never met before. He looks so at ease now and he's having a good time and I know it, so I shouldn't ruin it for him.

He's talking animatedly about something, but I'm watching the girl next to him. They're all squashed on the sofa - Nick in the middle, of course. She's weirdly close and keeps touching his arm. Nick has noticed and he keeps smiling at her and knocking his knee into her's, keeping her involved in the conversation. Classic Nick. Making sure everyone around him is having a good time and they are. Most eyes are on him and everyone's happy.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Tao comes wondering over, I can tell he's had a drink. Everyone has. Including me; I thought it would help me get out of this funk but it hasn't. It's made it worse.

"Yeah, honestly - just tired" I lie for the fourth time and Tao just rolls his eyes because he knows something's wrong but I won't tell him. He hates that about me. I just know he wouldn't understand and why should I have to explain myself all the time? Tao disappears, probably to find Elle.

"Don't you remember that!" Nick's voice travels across the room and my eyes find him again. He's laughing now, reminiscing about something I probably wasn't there for. He's got his arm on the top of the sofa now and the girl is really leaning in now so it's like he's got her arm around her.

Something shifts in me, I don't know what but I don't like it. Why can't I just let him have a good time. I sigh and get up, deciding that there's no point sitting here and watching them. It'll just wind me up. So I go to the kitchen again and fill up my cup with vodka and coke. I know it's not a good idea, but it's not like I've got anything better to do.

"Here he is!" Darcy calls out to me and I smile, even forcing a slight laugh. I'm getting so good at that. I don't think I've laughed and actually felt any joy for a while now but no one seems to have noticed.

"Hey! What are you all talking about?" I call back probably a bit too loudly and then immediately regret it.
"Well I've just found out Darcy doesn't like Christmas films!" Tara says and I hold my mouth agape in mock shock which makes them both laugh.

Once my cup is full I make my way over to them and we all chat for a little while. I keep sipping my drink and I can feel it starting to go to my head. Soon I'm really laughing and we're all having such a good time but Nick's still playing on my mind. Nick and that girl.