Kit Connor: The Family Party

Okay so this is a bit of fourth wall break so lemme know if you like it and I'll add the second part haha

I had just finished curling my hair when mum called from down the stairs.

"Are you ready, Amelia - they'll all be here soon!"
"Yes, mum!' I called back.

It was another one of their family extravaganzas except it was never just family and it was never an extravaganza. It was really just another excuse for my parents to throw a big party and invite everyone they know.

From agents and directors through to writers and producers. Of course there were some family members thrown in but it was mainly a posh doo that I didn't want to be a part of.

I got up from my dresser and sighed at the sight of my dress hanging ont the wardrobe door. It wasn't a horrible dress, in fact I liked it quite a lot, but I dreaded putting it on because I knew from the moment it was on till the moment I took it off I had to play an act.

A sort of game of, 'I'm the perfect daughter' which just wasn't entirely true.

I slipped on the dress nonetheless and zipped it up. Slowly, I walked over to my bedside drawers. On the top lay all my jewellery. Way too expensive things that mum and dad had brought me.

I chose a single diamond necklace because it complimented the deep red of my satin dress and a few Cartier rings.

With a quick spritz of Chanel Chance, I made my way down stairs and was immediately greeted with Dad putting a glass of Champagne in my hand.

"Good luck, my darling" He said with a smile
"Thanks, dad" I smiled back, taking a sip of the champagne.

Dad was a business man, a big waisted, powerful man who everyone respected but I was his sweetheart and he was the kindest, most gentle man around me.

As the night unfolded I said hello to everyone, made friendly conversation with people that were interested and eventually found myself by the pool. Watching as the kids splashed around and the adults mingled around the sides. Drinks in hand.

They all looked stunning. From the tailored five pieces the men wore right through to the elegant ball gown dresses the women had on. All dripping wealth and elegance.

Meanwhile I slumped on a sun lounger. I had managed to get a bottle of champagne from the dining room as it was just the welcome drink people had so there were plenty of bottles left. I put the bottle on the side table next to me. Methodically making my way through it - it was the only way to stay sane in such situations.

I watched as mum made her way around all the guests, making small talk and laughing. Then my eyes snapped to the movement in the lounge. Someone had just arrived. I instinctively sat up a little straighter and continued to watch as they made their way into the garden.

It was Kit Connor and an older man I didn't recognise. They were both dressed smartly with shirts tucked into their black trousers. It caught me off guard because I never recognised any of the people mum and dad invite round. But here he was.

I watched intently as mum rushed over to them, put drinks in their hands and led them to a group of people.

Kit looked around a bit on the walk over, taking in the tended lawn at the back an the pool area in the front of the garden. He spotted me. We looked at each other for a second and then he was preoccupied. Doing the small talk and laughing along with the adults.

With a few glasses of Champagne in me, I decided it would be a good idea to go over and introduce myself but just as I thought about getting up I saw dad walking over to Kit.

They began talking and then I saw dad gesture to me. I froze, there was no way he was dragging me into this, but he was. Dad started walking over to me and Kit followed with a content smile on his face.

With my system in overdrive I topped up my Champagne glass and stood up, waiting for their arrival.

"Amelia, this is Kit. He says he's starred in a new TV show-"
"Heartstopper" I cut him off and smiled, "Yes, I know" I looked at Kit who smiled at me
"Well, I thought you two might have something in common seeing as your both-"

Please don't say it, I internally pleaded. Please don't embarrass me.

"Y'know, young" He emphasised the word young and it made my shudder, "Anyway, have fun you two" He called out as he walked away.

"I'm so sorry" I began but Kit gestured his martini glass towards me
"No, don't be - I'm just glad there's someone my age at one of these" He looked around, "So you're?"
"Amelia" I answered, "Sorry I jumped in earlier - I'm a fan of Heartstopper"

Usually I wouldn't be this up front and confident. It was the champagne talking and I was here for it.

"And Rocketman actually, you were really good in that" I add
Kit laughed awkwardly, he clearly hadn't mastered being complimented, "Thanks - so how do you know these people"
"What? You're saying I don't fit in" I joked and laughed which made Kit laugh too, "That was my dad" I gesture with my drink to the people on the other side of the pool, "He supplies a lot of the sets for big names and my mum-" I gestured to the other side of me, to the rest of the crowd, "She's a scriptwriter"

Kit nods respectfully and takes a sip of his martini that mum had given him.

"Do you like Martini's?" I ask, suspecting a no
"Not really" He laughed
"Well, I'll get you a drink you do like - what are you drinking?"
"I'd love a beer" He said, clearly relaxing a little in my company
"No worries, I'll get you that - any in particular. I know we have Budd, Amstel, some IPA's and the usual Stella and Carlsberg although they don't like people to know that" I grin
"I'll take a Budd" Kit smiled, downing the rest of the martini and handing me the empty glass.
"Okay, coming right up"

Lemme know if you want more or if it's a no haha