Charlie suprised Nick with a kitten but he's allergic

megan_kerwinnnnn - sorry it took so long and it's kinda short, but I hope you like it!

"Anyway, stay there I need to get the surprise!" Charlie said cheerfully, getting up and making his way to his door where he knew the kitten would be waiting for them.

His mum has decided that it'd be good for the three of them; Charlie, Tori and Oliver, to learn how to be responsible for a pet. Well, that's what she'd told them, but she really thought that it'd be good for Charlie's mental health, that, and she really wanted a kitten. Saying it's for the kids seemed like the only way to convince her husband.

The cute grey kitten startled a little when Charlie opened the door, but sure enough, there she was waiting to be allowed in. Charlie scooped her up and brought her to his chest.

He was beaming from ear to ear until he saw Nick's slightly faltered smile when he turned back into his room.

"Don't you like cats, oh god I didn't think - stupid, stupid!" Charlie cursed himself, turning to let the kitten leave his room.
"No, I love them I'm just-" Nick suddenly sneezed, "Allergic" He finished, smirking, "That was good timing because I doubt-"

Before he could finish his sentence he sneezed again and Charlie just stood at his door watching, hugging the kitten tight to his chest.

"You better take it out" Nick managed to say before he sneezed again.

Charlie let the kitten leap out of his chest and out of his open door.

"I'm so sorry, I thought if you have dogs you'd be fine with-" Charlie rambled, but Nick cut him off
"It's fine! I bet he's really cute"
"It's a she actually" Charlie said matter of factly which made Nick laugh
"Alright, I bet she's really cute" Nick corrected, still laughing slightly.

Charlie's smile faded and he looked down at the floor, breaking eye contact with Nick, "Sorry again, I shouldn't have just assumed-"
"Will you stop using the S word!" Nick laughed slightly which made Charlie smile again and look over, "Allergies are weird, mum thinks it's because I've grown up with dogs. If I moved away maybe I'd be allergic to them too" Nick sniffed, his nose still tingling a little. He knew that he was allergic to cats, but he didn't think he was that allergic.
"Oh, here" Charlie suddenly moved across the room to get the box of tissues that were on his desk.

For the rest of the evening doing what they usually did; cuddling, watching Netflix and drinking tea. Charlie made sure the kitten didn't come back into his room and made a mental note to always hoover up before Nick came round.

Allergic to cats, but not dogs.. Who knew?