Are we boyfriends?

Hi! I know, long time no see... I hope you're all okay and still here! Here's something I've been working on. It's a little longer so hopefully sort of worth the wait???

I'm sorry, work has been hectic which is great.. business is booming.. but it means I have less time for this. I hope you know I appreciate you all... a lot. You're my community!

Also, Heartstopper season 2 has finished filming!!!!! Crazyyyy .. anyways.. Here's this.. enjoy x

It was Friday which was usually Charlie's favourite day of the week as it meant the weekend was just around the corner and he didn't need to go to school for two days. Except this time he was dreading tomorrow.

All of the Paris squad had decided to all meet up to have coffee and go shopping. Again, usually Charlie loved those types of days but he and Nick were going through a rough patch. Charlie had decided not to tell any of his friends about it; well, Tao was the only one he would tell , but he had decided against it in fear that he would just laugh at him. Telling him that it was inevitable that this was going to happen.

Tao was convinced that Nick wasn't right for Charlie; he hung out with the wrong people and Charlie deserved someone better. Telling him that they had fallen out would only prove Tao right and Charlie didn't want to do that. Plus, Tao and Elle were starting to get on well and he didn't want to bring him down with his problems.

He should just accept that his friend was happy and him and Nick would sort things out on his own.

At 9am that Saturday morning, Charlie's alarm woke him. Much to his disgust - he hadn't managed to get to sleep till 4am. Still half asleep, he had a shower and got dressed - he felt stupid for being so worried about today. The rest of his friends were going to be there, so what if he didn't get on with one of them. Nick might not even show anyway.

"You're still going then?" Tori asked, seemingly materialising at Charlie's bedroom door, making him jump.
"Jesus, Tori. Stop doing that!" Charlie shot her a look, "And yes, obviously" He turned back to the mirror, running his hands through his hair.
"Have a good time" Tori's said before disappearing again.

Charlie sighed. Was this a mistake?

As soon as he arrived at the meeting place, he knew that it was. Nick had brought Imogen and they were standing a little away from the rest of the group, talking and laughing together. She had obviously dressed up for the occasion; make up and all.

He knew it was either to make him jealous or to make it easier for Nick to ignore him as he would be preoccupied with her. It was so obvious Imogen liked him and watching the two of them together made Charlie sick.

"Hi Charlie!" Darcy greeted him cheerfully as he came over, "Oh yeah, Nick brought Imogen - thought it'd be fun" She said, catching Charlie looking at the pair of them, "The Paris Squad is always on the lookout for new recruits, right?"
"Uh- yeah, no - it's great. The more the merrier" Charlie looked away from them and forced a smile.
"Great - right, come on everyone! Coffee first!" Darcy called out. She'd always seemed like the natural leader of the group.

Charlie found Aled being the third wheel to Tao and Elle and decided to walk with him.

The pair of them chatted on the way to the coffee shop, but Charlie kept glancing over at Nick. Sometimes catching his eye, other times being the bystander of whatever was going on between the two of them.

By the time they got to the coffee shop, Nick and Imogen had linked arms and in their own world.

"He moved on quick" Tao commented as he walked past Charlie and Aled into the cafe
"Yeah, how come she's brought her?" Aled asked, holding the door for Charlie. He obviously expected that Charlie would have an answer.
"I don't know"