Nick takes Charlie somewhere quiet to eat

Tw: eating disorder theme but nothing too graphic

It was just two weeks into the Summer holidays and the Paris Squad had decided to spend a sunny day at their local park. There was a duck pond, a children's playground and lots of space to walk and hang out on the grass. It was the perfect day; everyone was in a good mood and mostly paired off with someone.

Charlie had been having a really good two weeks. Turns out his therapist was right, sometimes he could go days without thinking about food too much.

"Can we get lunch now, I'm starving!" Darcy moaned to the group making them all laugh
"Fine, but only if we get hot dogs - there's a stand over there and I haven't had one for ages!" Elle piped up.

Everyone was laughing and agreed to get hot dogs, but Nick shot a worried look at Charlie. He wasn't laughing and actually looked a bit worried and Nick knew what that meant. It felt strange to Nick that no one else seemed to notice how Charlie was around food. It was as if he was so in tune with him that he could just sense it, but everyone else was just oblivious.

They all walked to the hot dog stand though and Nick was stood just behind Charlie as they all crowded the stand to order one.

"We can share one" He whispered just so Charlie could hear even though he knew he could easy eat two he was so hungry.

Charlie turned around quickly and tried to give Nick a proper smile, but it faltered slightly. He didn't know why the thought of eating a hot dog with his friends was worrying him so much, but it was.

"Okay" Charlie really tried to smile again, to try to tell Nick how grateful he was but he wasn't sure if Nick got it.

"We'll share one, please" Nick said to the server once it was their turn
"Let me get it" Charlie started, but Nick brushed him off
"No, it's fine honestly"

Once they got their hot dog, everyone made their way back to the tree they were sitting under to eat. Everyone continued to chat; Tao was talking about some new film that he'd been to see that he was going to force Elle to watch.

Nick joined in some of the conversation and ate most of the hot dog and left about a quarter for Charlie.

"Me and Charlie are just gonna go for a walk for a bit" Nick announced to the group and they all muttered their okay's and carried on with their conversations.

Although Charlie knew nothing about Nick's plan, he followed Nick away from the group all the same. Only once they were out of earshot did Nick start talking.

"I hope you didn't mind, I just thought it would be the best way" Nick said as they walked, "Let's sit over here" He gestured to a bench a little further up the path they were walking on.

As sweet as Nick was being, Charlie was getting more and more anxious at the thought of actually eating. Which was annoying him because he hadn't felt like this in days and he finally thought he was getting better. Nick had gone to all this effort to make him comfortable enough to eat and now he was worried that he wouldn't be able to.

"Are you okay?" Nick looked concerned which just made Charlie's tummy squirm and he couldn't bring himself to talk so he just nodded.

"Am I being too much?" Nick said with a tone that told Charlie that he was annoyed with himself which just made Charlie feel bad again
"No! I'm just being weird" Charlie forced a laugh, sitting down on the bench, "Thank you for doing this - you're so sweet"

Nick didn't say anything but shot Charlie a funny look. Not because he was annoyed at Charlie but because he was annoyed at himself. He thought this would help Charlie, but if it wasn't and was just making it worse, what was he supposed to do? How was he supposed to help?

Nick could tell that Charlie was on edge and it just made him feel worse.

"I was quite hungry so I ate more than I meant to" Nick forced a laugh, handing Charlie the rest of the hot dog.
"Oh it's fine, I'm not that hungry"
Nick stayed quiet but that made him sad, but he tried not to let it show and he looked away as Charlie took a small bite. At least he was eating something.

They didn't say anything else until Charlie had finished the hot dog.

"Done!" He said, sounding pleased which he should be
"Well done, was this better?" Nick finally looked over and he felt so much pride. Just over a year ago, Charlie wouldn't have eaten anything today.

"Yeah, I don't know why"
"You don't have to" Nick said simply which made Charlie lean into him, grabbing his arm as he did into a kind of side hug. Nick made a mental note to do this again if Charlie seemed uneasy about the idea of getting food with a group.

Yayyy I acc updated 😂 I have acc been writing so I'll update again soon ❤️

Thanks for all the love, I see all the votes and I try to reply to all your comments <3

Don't forget to vote x