Harry ruins everything P3

Final part :')

Charlie stopped walking towards the bench and, as if he could sense Charlie's presence, Nick locked eyes with him.

Even from the short distance they were from each other, Charlie saw that Nick swallowed hard. As if he was unsure what to say or what to do.

The girl looked over at Charlie too and took it as her invitation to leave, but not before hugging Nick goodbye. Charlie couldn't hear it, but she told Nick that she loved him.

Now the girl had gone, Charlie's legs carried on walking to the bench even though he wanted to turn back.

"Charlie" Nick spoke, his throat was dry but you couldn't tell from his voice.
Nelli was wagging her tail at Charlie's feet, looking up at him hopefully.
"Hi, Nelli" Charlie greeted her because she didn't know how to greet Nick. What should he say?
"Charlie" Nick repeated in a more desperate tone, as if he was about to cry. Charlie looked up immediately.

Nick's eyes were full of emotion as if he had so much to say, he just didn't know how to say any of it.

Charlie half smiled and sat next to him on the bench, still not knowing what to say. Nelli rested her head on Nick's knee and he stroked her head absentmindedly. It was as if she knew Nick needed help saying what he was about to say.

"I'm sorry" He started and his voice cracked, "I- I shouldn't have said what I said on Friday I just-" His breath hitched, "I don't know who I am" He turned to Charlie and Charlie stared into his eyes; they were full of fear.

Charlie couldn't take it anymore, he threw his arms around Nick and held on. Nick hugged back almost as quickly and breathed in the smell of Charlie's clothes. The smell of him.

Eventually Nelli whined, as if she was fed up that no one was giving her any attention. Nick laughed through his watery eyes.

"Sorry Nells" He tried to laugh, but it came out like a cry, "God, I'm a mess!" Nick laughed properly this time and wiped his eyes.

Charlie laughed slightly too.

"I can't imagine what you're going through" Charlie said, staring straight ahead at the park, "I mean, I always sort of knew that I was gay and I've never liked girls but-" He paused to look down at Nellie and give her a head scratch, "I can't imagine how I'd cope if I did" He finally looked at Nick to see he was already staring at him.

Nick didn't say anything, but slowly leant down to put his head on Charlie's chest which made Charlie feel warm. He let his arm rest over Nick's shoulders and the pair stayed like that for a while.