Nick comforts Charlie P2

Tw: self harm

Nick slowly approached the closed door as if it was radioactive. Should he knock, should he just call his name?

He reached his hand out and knocked quietly on the door, "Charlie"

Charlie looked towards the door immediately, "Nick?"
"Yeah, erm-" He hesitated, "Tori asked me to come"
Charlie didn't say anything. He felt awful that Nick had been dragged into this, it was the last thing he wanted to do. Why was he always so dramatic and dragging people into everything?

Hearing Nick on the other side of the door was enough and he found the replacement razor blade that he hid under the sink. As he sliced it across his forearm he began to cry again and Nick heard him.

"Charlie? Please, talk to me" His voice cracked as he tried hard to fight back the tears, hearing Charlie cry was heartbreaking, "It's only me here"
Charlie panicked, there was now blood all over the shower floor. The dread of what he'd just done started to take over. I'm a mess.

"Help me" Charlie muttered, his voice echoed against the bathroom walls as he stared at the blood still pouring from his arm, "I-I'm sorry"

Nick's heart leapt, "Can you let me in?" He asked carefully, "I want to help you Charlie"
Nick's voice saying those words made Charlie cry again, "I know" Hewhispered, "I want you to help"
"Please open the door" Nick pressed his forehead on the bathroom door, wanting to be close to Charlie, "I love you" Nick whispered desperately, it just sounded like the right thing to say but he immediately regretted it. What was he saying? Why did he say that?

Charlie's throat was dry and his fresh cuts on his arm looked terrifying, but he trusted Nick. He wanted him to be here with him. No one else.

He got himself up, unlocked the door and quickly sat back on the floor, his back leaning against the sink.

Nick walked in cautiously, not sure about what he was going to see. His eyes immediately met Charlie's and then they trailed down to his arm. He shut the door behind him and sat down next to Charlie on the floor.

There were no words to say so Nick just held Charlie. Charlie's arms were around Nick's waist, his head was on Nick's chest and Nick's arms were over Charlie's shoulders. Their legs were intertwined; both just happy to be close to each other.

"Sorry" Charlie finally spoke after a while
"Don't say the S word"
"No, but I have to"
"No, you don't" Nick rested his head on the top of Charlie's, "Do you want to tell me what's going on?" He added and he felt Charlie's head nod against his chest

There was a little more silence before Charlie started explaining what had happened between him and Ben.

"I-I told him, I kept saying stop but he- he kept going" Charlie shook in Nick's arms which just made Nick hold him tighter
"Hey, it's okay. You're safe" Nick reassured him and Charlie turned slightly to bury his face in Nick's hoodie, holding him close.
"I'm sorry I wasn't there"
"You don't get to say the S word" Charlie said softly, "I'm the screw up"
That made Nick sit up and pull Charlie up with him, "Hey" He put his hands on either side of Charlie's face, "You are not a screw up" His voice was strong and affirmative. Nick was going to say something else but he got lost in Charlie's eyes. They were so pretty.

"I really like you Charlie" Nick muttered, holding eye contact, "Thank you for letting me in"

clover2015 - Lemme know what you think!! Thanks again for the request :)

I'm going to write everyone's requests/ ideas, just bear with me; unfortunately this isn't my job so I need to do stuff that earns me money as well :(( 😂

If you have any requests leave them here, on the requests chapter or message me.. I'm always looking for inspo and I can do anonymous requests if you don't wanna be tagged <3