Kit Connor: The Family Party P2

Omg this little thing has got over 100K reads!!! What?!?!?

To my new readers, welcome - this is a little book of one shots I started after watching Season 1 of Heartstopper and falling in love with it. Now I've got all the comic books (volume 5 comes out soon!!) and have some of Alice's books (and read Solitaire). Please enjoy and lemme know if you have requests! I'm like halfway through Season 2 rn but almost there!!

I want you to know that you're all welcome here, thank you for stopping by 🏳️‍🌈

Anyway, here's part two of The Family Party... the fourth wall break hahah

When I came back with a couple of Budweisers, Kit was kneeling by the pool playing with the children.

I smiled at the sight but he quickly got up and took the bottles from me.

"Thanks" He grinned and sat on the sun lounger next to mine, "God, I'm not used to this" He said
"I would have thought you would be, being the celebrity that you are" I teased and took a gulp of my Champagne
"Nah, it's not all glitz and glammer" He said and I heard a peak of his Croydon accent
"You're a London boy" I said knowingly
"I am, yeah" Kit grinned again and took a gulp of Budd, "Croydon"
"I'm originally a Sutton girl" I smirk
"Is it?!" Kit exaggerated the accent and we both laughed
"Yeah, I'm from the ends innit" I add and fall into laughter, "But we have to speak properly when we're around such company, darling" I say with a really strong RP accent, "Y'know I would never have thought you speak like that" I said, going back to the voice I use on such occasions
"Like a commoner?" Kit furrows his eyebrows, but he was still talking in his natural accent which made me laugh
"Yeah, like a South London boy" I say in an exaggerated South London accent.

We both laughed and took a sip from our drinks.

"So how come you moved here?" Kit asked, looking around at the grounds.

It was a beautiful house, mum and dad had done it up really nicely.

"Mainly work" I say, feeling myself relax into a slightly more 'common' voice, "Well, I say that - I think it's a status thing to be honest" I reply, "Sorry, I can't believe I'm talking to you like this?"
"Like what?" Kit laughed and took a swig of Budd
"Well, you're, like an actual celebrity and we're just having a chat" I smile in disbelief. This really was a strange feeling, just chatting to Kit like he was a long lost friend when really he's a movie star.

Kit dramatically put his hand on my knee, "We're real people, Amelia"
I burst out laughing, "No, but genuinely"
Kit shrugged, putting both hands around the bottle that was between his legs, "I dunno, I like meeting people without all this-" He waved his hand in the air, "All this shit"
"It must be weird like, people treating you different"
"Yeah" He looked at me dramatically, as if I had hit the nail on the head, "People forget you're a person" He turned away to open his second bottle of Budd. He was getting through them.

"How old are you?" I asked
"I'm 19" He turned back to look at me and shoved his hair out of his face
"That's young to be doing all this shit"
"How old are you?"
"20, but I can't imagine going through all what you have by 19"
Kit smiled and looked down at the bottle in his hands, "It's weird"
"Do you wanna get drunk?" I asked, suddenly realising how well we got on, Kit dropped his jaw in mock shock and furrowed his eyebrows, "Obviously!" He said in mock exasperation and downed the rest of the Budd.

"Well I'll get you some more - you go play with the kids and be all cute"
"Got it"

We both laughed.

It was weird to have someone my own age here. Never, in the history of these things have I ever seen anyone the same age as me. Not only that, but it was someone I actually recognised from the screen and we got on well.

I haven't had that with anyone in a while, when you just click. Yes, he was somewhat famous but that honestly didn't bother me - despite what I said earlier. It was like we were meant to know each other all along.

On my way back from the kitchen I caught eyes with mum who smiled knowingly at the bottles in my hand. She broke from the group she was with and made her way over to me.

"Just don't go too mad, okay? I'm not having you embarrassing me or our guests" She sounded serious, but was trying to hide a smile, "Have fun, but be careful"
I rolled my eyes with a smirk, "Yes mum"

When I got back to the loungers, Kit was on his phone.

"Beers" I announced, putting them on the side table next to his lounger. The sun was out and in all, it wasn't a bad day. Maybe this was the turning point for me and these extravaganzas mum and dad threw.

"You weren't joking then" Kit smirked, helping himself to one of the bottles, "I know I've already said it, but it's so nice to have someone I can actually get on with"
I smiled, taking my champagne flute, "So how come you're here anyway?"
Kit sighed, clearly irritated by the subject, "Bill - the guy I came with, insisted it's a good idea for me to get to know these people which I will, after a couple more of these" He said, before taking a swig
"I know what I said about getting drunk, but don't go too mad - you don't want to do something stupid in front of these people" I told him seriously, thinking about what my mum said, "Your next job could come from a conversation you have here today"
"You sound like my agent" Kit laughed.

I finished my glass and poured myself another. I was a little tipsy now and it was nice. Luckily for me, I wasn't here to make an impression.

We carried on chatting for a while and sipping our drinks. We spoke about normal things like our families and how school was.

"It must have been so hard to do your A Levels and deal with the hype of Heartstopper" I say, leaning back on the lounger to get a bit of the afternoon sun, "I found mine so hard and I didn't have anything else going on - mum kept telling me I needed to do well because they're a good thing to fall back on"
"And did you?"
I pulled a face, "I got 2 C's and a B"
"In?"
"English Langauge, Psychology and erm, Media"
"I did English Lit - biggest mistake"
"I knew some people that did that - so much reading, like I know it's literature but jeez"
Kit laughed, also falling back into the lounger with his second bottle of the four I's brought in his hand, "History was worse - dunno what I was thinking"
"Yeah, what were you thinking!"

We both laughed.

"Drama was alright though - more theory than I would have liked" He took a mouthful of beer, "Trying to find the time to actually sit down and revise for them was the worst"
"Did they make time for you?"
"Yeah, me and Joe were doing them and they had to turn down some promo stuff so we could revise"
"Did you even go to college?"
"Not really, we sort of tried to but we were filming when we should have been there so most of it was self taught - I did have a tutor for a while, but I think he got fed up with me. It's weird, like those two years have just blurred into one"
"I can imagine"
"Like I can't pinpoint memories, they're all just jumbled together"
"Are you all actually friends - like the cast?"
"Bloody hell, are you a journalist?"
I laughed, feeling a little embarrassed, "Sorry"I said sheepishly.

I looked out at the pool, most of the kids had got out now and some of the guests had gone inside.

"I'm joking - yeah, most of us talk quite a lot actually. It's nice to have people to experience it all with"

We sat in silence for a little bit after that. Just enjoying the peace and quiet until we spotted my dad and Bill coming over.

"Kit, you're wanting inside" Bill said, "Without the beer in your hand"
"Sorry, Bill" Kit said, his whole demeanour shifting to be more serious.

He got up and put the bottle on the table.

"I'll see you in a bit" He said to me as he was being led off with Bill into the house.