Nick and Charlie: Elle + Darcy perspective

Heyyy so AA7777777 requested Nick and Charlie fluff from someone else's perspective (specifically Elle) so I've taken that and run with it so I hope you like it!! It was fun to write

Nick and Charlie being cute

"It's like they're literally obsessed with each other" Tao said, disgusted
"I think it's cute" Elle smiled at the couple who were cuddled up together on Nick and Isaac's bed.

Elle and Tao, on the other hand, were sat a few inches apart on the floor next to the en-suite door. Isaac didn't seem to mind that his usual reading spot was taken and had sat on Charlie's bed instead to read. Tara and Darcy were in the bathroom doing who knew what so Tao had decided to keep out of everyone's way. Which naturally meant that Elle sat next to him.

Tao was still being slightly awkward because he'd realised he really liked Elle. As more than a friend, but it hadn't worked out between them. So they were being awkwardly friends. The awkwardness had only amplified by the fact that everyone else in the room (or in the bathroom) were keeping to themselves.

"Well I've lost my best friend and that's not cute"
"Don't be so hard on him, Tao" Elle rested her head on his arm which mad Tao sit dead still, "They're young and in love"
"You sound like my mum and not in a good way" Tao scowled, his bad mood clearly not shifting.

He looked away from Nick and Charlie, but Elle carried on watching them. Not in a creepy way, it was just so nice to see the pair of them together. It was like this good energy radiated off them whenever they were next to each other. Elle watched the way they ignored everyone else in the room. They could be anywhere right now, she thought.

It was true, they were so consumed by each other they hadn't even noticed Elle staring at them with a small smile on her face.

"What are you so happy about?" Darcy asked as she bounded out of the bathroom as energetic as ever

Elle broke her stare to watch Darcy step over her's and Tao's legs to sit down next to her. She saw that Tao was now preoccupied with his phone.

"Just looking at the two love birds" Elle mused, a slight smile still on her lips, "They're so cute, don't you think?"
"Yeah, if your favourite thing to do is watch romance" Darcy replied dismissively, "Why is everyone so obsessed with perfect couples?"
"So you'd call Nick and Charlie a perfect couple?" Elle asked, looking at Darcy a little more inquisitively than she should. She was just interested in the fact that Darcy thought Nick and Charlie were perfect couple material
"Well, yeah - I mean look at 'em" Darcy gestured to the pair who currently had their faces so close together that their noses were almost touching. Both of them could see that the pair were clearly in a deep conversation.

"The way they look at each other" Darcy continued, leaning over Elle's lap to gesture to the couple, "I mean I love Tara, but I don't know if I look at her like that" Darcy moved her hand forward to gesture to the couple who were now kissing, exaggerating her point, "I don't know, maybe I've said too much" She said and Elle noticed she was now slurring slightly.

Maybe her and Tara had been secretly drinking in the bathroom. None of the others had been drinking, but now it made sense. The way Darcy was more touchy than usual and now opening up about her and Tara's relationship to Elle. Who, even Elle was aware, wasn't one of her closest friends. Not to mention that Darcy was partial to sneaking vodka Ito any remotely social event.

"You haven't" Elle stated, now changing tact. Wanting Darcy to know that she could trust her. If Darcy had been drinking, maybe she would open up more because she'd been drinking. Even though she felt bad for it, Elle wanted to take the opportunity she had.

Darcy is a private person and if, for some reason, she felt compelled to open up, Elle wanted to take it. If not for her own gain, but for the benefit of Darcy.

"We're all friends here" Elle continued, light heartedly, "I would just love to have what they have" She added, bringing the conversion full circle
"I know, would be nice" Darcy sighed, moving her arm away from Elle so they were no longer touching
"You don't have that with Tara?" Elle looked at Darcy and turned herself slightly to face her properly
"I don't know" Darcy sighed again, her hair flopped in front of her face, hiding her eyes from Elle, "We are, like, tight" She looked up quickly and tucked her flopping hair behind her ear, "I just-" She sighed again, "I dunno, it's different from what Nick and Charlie have, I mean, they're Nick and Charlie - the best couple to grace this earth" She laughed, "I guess sometimes I compare me and Darcy to them"

"What are you girls talking about?" Nick asked, suddenly standing over them. Elle and Darcy had clearly taken their eyes of the couple long enough for them to peel apart from each other
"Nothin-" Elle started to say but was interrupted
"We were just saying how perfect of a couple you and Charlie are" Darcy said, so blasé - drunk people have no filter, Elle remembered reluctantly
"Oh right" Nick chuckled, that deep, endearing sound, "Well, you two carry on - analysing our relationship"
"No" Elle said suddenly, surprising even her, "We weren't-" But she was cut off by Nick's laugh
"Honestly, it's fine"

But that just made Elle feel worse so she had to add, "Nick" She stood up, acting almost drunk like Darcy, "We weren't I just-" She grabbed Nick's arm and Nick looked startled by Elle's sudden seriousness so Elle softened her face, "We're genuinely so happy for you two"

Nick's face softened to what Elle said.

"Thanks" He smiled, "Can I go for a wee now?" Nick laughed

Elle and Darcy laughed.

"Yeah, sorry" Elle said, still laughing.

Please remember to vote if you did like it - helps boost the algorithm and show this book to more people. Thank you for all the love, still can't believe how much love this little book has got :')