Old friends

I don't really know what this is lol

Before he even knew where he was, Nick was standing at Harry's front door. Not because he needed someone to console him, but because he needed to get drunk. Harry could always get beers. He just took them from his dad's stash which was so big, he'd never notice a few missing.

Before he rang the doorbell he looked around at the private estate. The well kept lawns, mowed in stripes, the delicate flower beds and expensive cars parked on the driveways.

"Nick?" Harry's mum looked startled and confused. Nick couldn't blame her, she hadn't seen him for at least two years and now he was stood at her front door, red in the face and panting like he'd run a marathon at full speed.

"I-Is Harry here?"
"Yes, he's-"
Nick pushed past her, forcing himself into the house. The layout was all too familiar to him; he knew where each doorway led. The well kept staircase hadn't changed since he'd last been here. All the same pictures were hung on the wall.

"Harry?!" He called out, "Harry!" He repeated, more desperately now.

Harry emerged from his bedroom door, Nick watched as he came to the balcony of the staircase. He looked down at the entrance hall and looked just as shocked as his mum.

"Nick?"

Harry came running down the stairs.

"Come on, let's go upstairs" He said, ushering Nick up to his room without so much as looking at his mum.

Only once they were in his room did Harry speak again.

"This is it, isn't it?" He asked, standing over Nick who was sat on the sofa in Harry's room.

As much as Nick wanted to say something, he couldn't so he just nodded slowly. Looking down at his feet to avoid Harry's eyes.

When they were much younger, Harry and Nick had made a vow to always be there for each other. No one else knew about it, it was something between just the two of them.

"It's got to be an absolute emergency though" Harry had said with a worried look on his face, "I'm not having you coming round crying on me every day"

As he sat here now, Nick didn't quite know why he had come. He felt as if his body had just taken him here. The route was imprinted on his mind from all the years of walking it back in Primary school.

Him and Harry used to be the best of friends until they went to High School. Harry got so caught up in impressing people and being the 'rich kid' that he forgot his real mates. Until now that is.

Now, Harry wore the same worried look he had all those years ago when Nick had told him something was wrong. It was as if the last four years hadn't happened.

"Let me get some beer" Harry walked out of the room, leaving Nick on his own.

He tried to show an interest in how much Harry's room had changed since he'd last been here. The Marvel posters had been replaced for a whole stretch of just blank wall.

None of his old toys were displayed on any of his shelves. Instead there were books. This room didn't match the personality Nick knew.

"Mum said the posters made the room look messy" Harry said, gesturing to the wall Nick was looking at.

Harry had two bottles of beer in each hand and silently gave Nick one which he eagerly took. Once it was in his hand though, he looked down at it apprehensively. Did he really want to do this?

Charlie hates me. If I died tonight, the love of my life wouldn't care. If anything he'd be happy.

With that thought playing in his mind, Nick chugged three quarters of the bottl.