Nicks sick and Charlie goes to see him

megan_kerwinnnnn - hope you like it!

Nick hadn't been in school for a couple of days and it was the most miserable couple days of Charlie's life. His best friend wasn't waiting for him as he got into form like he usually was.

Charlie had messaged Nick, but he hadn't replied. On the third day of Nick not showing up at school, Charlie had started to get really worried and decided that the only thing left to do was show up at his house.

So, after telling his mum where he was going, Charlie walked up the path to Nick's front door. With a second of hesitation, he rang the doorbell.

"Oh, Charlie" Sarah said and Charlie offered a warm smile in return but Sarah's face didn't return the warmth.

"Nick's not very well, sorry love" She said and Charlie's face dropped too
"I just wanted to make sure he's okay" He said truthfully
Sarah smiled, "He's okay, he's just-" She hesitated, "Not his best"
Charlie smiled awkwardly.

"Charlie?" Nick's voice came from behind his mum and Charlie's face immediately lifted.

Sarah quickly looked behind her, "Nick, love, you should be in bed!"

Sarah turning around allowed Charlie to see Nick. He was in his pyjamas and had a small glass of water in his hand. The bags under his eyes were visible and he did look more pale than usual. His hair looked almost as it always did, just slightly messier than usual.

"Can he come in for a bit at least?" Nick pleaded. Charlie had never heard Nick ask his mum for something in such a needy way.

Sarah looked back at Charlie and saw the innocent, genuine look on his face.

"Okay, come in for a cup of tea, dear" She said carefully and both Nick and Charlie were grateful although they couldn't express it.

Sarah knew that Charlie was a genuine friend of her son's, none of his other friends had come round to make sure he was okay.

Charlie stepped in, took his coat off and put it on one of the free hooks by the door. Usually when he came round Sarah would take his coat and do it for him but Sarah had already started to make her way to the kitchen to make Charlie's tea.

"Hi" Nick half smiled, "Sorry for not replying to your messages, I've not been well"
"Oh, it's okay" Charlie smiled, "I just came to make sure you're alright"
"You did?" Nick looked slightly taken back
"Yeah"
"Thanks" Nick smiled. He really appreciated Charlie showing up.

Before they could say anything else, Sarah was walking out of the kitchen with Charlie's tea.
"Here you go, love" She handed Charlie the mug
"Thanks"
"You're welcome to go upstairs"
"Oh- okay, yeah" Charlie glanced at Nick who had already turned to go back to his room.

Neither of them spoke until Nick had closed her bedroom door behind them.

"Sorry about mum, she's just so paranoid about me getting enough rest" Nick explained, putting his water on his bedside and getting back into bed, "I'm not even that ill anymore, I haven't got a fever and my headache has mostly gone"

Charlie sat on the edge of the bed, holding his warm mug with both hands, "What do you think it was?"
"Could have been anything, mum reckons it's stress"

Nick was sat leaning against the headboard, with his legs covered by his duvet and Charlie couldn't help but notice how cute he looked.

"Stress?"
"Yeah, what with the exams and all the revision I've been doing - plus rugby" He added, "I'm fine though" Nick said quickly, seeing Charlie's worried expression, "Thanks for coming by the way, you didn't have to"
Charlie just laughed, "It's fine, I'm glad you're feeling better"
'How's school been without me?" Nick smirked
"Awful, obviously" Charlie said and Nick laughed
"Do you wanna play Mario Kart?" Nick asked, reaching for the controllers that were on his bed
"Be rude not to" Charlie laughed.

They played a few rounds and Charlie drank his tea. As they were about to start another game, Sarah knocked.

"Yeah?" Nick called out and rolled his eyes. Charlie tried not to laugh. As  soon as she opened the door, Nellie came rushing in with her tail wagging.

"She wanted to come and say hello" Sarah laughed and Charlie immediately got off the bed and dropped to his knees on the floor to pet her.
"She's so cute!" Charlie cooed
"Have you finished with your mug, love?"
"Oh- yeah, thank you. Sorry I should've brought it down" Charlie quickly got up and handed her his empty mug.
"Don't be silly" Sarah smiled. She seemed a little less annoyed at Charlie being here.

"Sorry you can't stay for dinner, love - I didn't know you were coming"
"Oh, it's fine. I was going to go in a minute anyway"
Sarah smiled, "Okay". Then she left the room, leaving Nellie with the boys.

"One more game?" Nick smirked, "Even though you're probably gonna beat me"
"I'm just too good!" Charlie laughed, sitting back down on the bed and picking up his controller.

They actually had two more games before Nick turned the console off.

"I would love to keep getting beaten, but my dinner's gonna be ready soon" Nick said sarcastically which made Charlie laugh.
"There's always next time"

After Charlie had said goodbye to Nellie, Nick and Charlie made their way downstairs.

"Thanks for the tea!" Charlie called out and Sarah appeared from the living room.
"Oh, you're welcome. See you soon!" She smiled and walked back into the living room.

"Thanks again for coming round" Nick said, once Charlie was at the door, "You really cheered me up"
"Glad to be of service" Charlie joked, opening the front door and stepping out, "Will you be back tomorrow?"
"Hopefully, I don't want to deprive you of my presence any longer" Nick smirked and Charlie giggled which made Nick's heart melt. He liked Charlie a lot. Maybe the most out of anyone - he was his favourite person.

Without much thought, Nick threw his arms around Charlie and held him tightly.

"Nick!"
Nick immediately pulled away, "Sorry! Am I hurting you?"
Charlie laughed, "No, you just- surprised me"

The two stared at each other for a second.

"Well, see you tomorrow!" Nick quickly said and shut the door which just made Charlie giggle again. Nick was so cute and having a crush on a straight guy was going to hurt.

"I don't think he's straight" 😂😂

Happy pride month :)