The baby P2

Just wanted to say thank you so much for 22k reads on this weird little book <3

Tw: mention of abortion and, as you'll know from the first part, quite adult themes

"Unfortunately this is a possibility, even when you're undertaking hormone therapy" The doctor calmly explained, but Charlie was anything but calm.

He could hear the blood surging through his head and he felt like he was going to faint. This can't be happening.

"You do have options and, of course, I wouldn't want you to rush into anything"

The Doctor went on to explain all the options and what could be done, but Charlie couldn't focus on anything he was saying. It felt like he was underwater.

"Thank you" Nick said, but his voice was hardly a whisper, his mouth was so dry.

Without saying a word, Nick guided Charlie out of the room and they walked back to Charlie's in silence.

"Do you want me to-"
"No, it's okay. I'll um, I want some time on my own" Charlie muttered and Nick just nodded, turning to walk back to his house.

For the next few days, Charlie lived on autopilot. He couldn't remember much from that period because he was numb. He didn't feel anything, it was as if his brain had stopped working.

"What has got into you recently?" Tao asked one lunchtime, "Have you and Nick broken up?" He pressed on, subconsciously looking at the empty space where Nick usually sat.

Charlie just shrugged, "I don't know, there's a lot going on at the moment" He said truthfully, staring down at his full lunchbox.
"You know I'm like your best friend right, so you can tell me if something's up" Tao leaned in to be closer to Charlie.

Charlie's eyes shifted to Isaac who just lifted his book higher to cover his face. Isaac never had much to say and in a way that drew Charlie to him. Sometimes only having extroverted people as close friends was exhausting.

"I'm fine, sorry I'll lighten up" Charlie promised although truthfully he didn't know how. Maybe fake a few more smiles and laugh when something's meant to be funny?

He hadn't felt genuine joy in days. Nick hadn't even messaged him and he didn't know if that was because he was in shock, if it was because he respected Charlie's space or, what Charlie feared most of all, if it was because he was planning how to break up with him.

All of Charlie's worries were put to rest when he got messages from Nick at gone midnight a whole week after the Doctor's appointment.

The kiss was added cautiously. Charlie wanted Nick to know that he didn't hate him, there were no bad feelings, he was just so lost. He had no idea what to do, what to think. How many trans men had got pregnant and decided to keep the baby?