Chapter 24 Lunchtime! with... Mandy?

-Mandy-

I arrived to Anthony's and tapped on the door. "Who is it?" he called.

"It's Mandy," I replied through the door.

"Come on in," he said.

I walked in and put my things on the counter. Anthony pushed himself up from the couch. "I ordered Chinese- I hope you still like Orange Chicken and spring rolls," he said.

I smiled. "You know me too well."

He laughed. "It should be here in about 20 minutes. This is kinda weird, when Ian and I do Lunchtime, we always get it ourselves. We never get delivery."

I pursed my lips, but Anthony didn't see. "Well I'm not Ian, it's not Lunchtime today!" I tried to say jokingly.

"Haha true!" he laughed again. We talked for a while, then there a knock at the door. Anthony paid the delivery boy and took the food. I sat down in the seat facing the kitchen.Anthony made a face as he set our food down.

"Um, I usually sit there..." Was he serious? 

"Oh, uh sorry," I said, switching spots. We ate and talked and talked even more after we were done.

"So Mandy, what would you rate this food?" Anthony asked, smiling.

I was confused. "Rate...it?..."

He smacked his forehead. "I'm sorry, I'm in Lunchtime mode again. Forget I said that," he said sighing.

"I would rate it 9/10," I said smiling.  

Anthony lit up. "9 what? You have to rate it with an object."

I tapped my chin. "Okay, um 9...Anthony's out of 10." We both laughed. I looked at the clock on the stove. "Oh my gosh, I have to go get ready for work!" I exclaimed. "I'm so sorry, Anthony. I had a great time, thank you!" I said getting up and smiling. "Call me so we can do this again," giving him my number. I sprung up from my chair, grabbed my things from the counter and ran home. 

-Anthony-

I sat back in my chair. 'We can do this again'? What does that even mean? I frowned. "Does she even like me, or was this really just a catch-up?" I said aloud.

After pacing and thinking about what Mandy had said for a few minutes, I decided to call Ian. I dialed his number and put the phone up to my ear. It rang five times before going to voicemail. "Hey, it's Ian. I can't come to the phone right now, but leave a mess-" I hung up and dialed again. "Hey it's Ian." I frowned while the voicemail played and left a message. "Hey Ian, it's Anthony. I don't know what's up, but I need to talk to you. Call me back ASAP. Bye." I pressed End and waited. I started pacing again when he didn't call back-if he didn't answer his phone, which he rarely did, he usually called back within at least 5 or 10 minutes. I grabbed my keys and was almost out the door when my cell rang. It was Ian.

"Dude what's up? You weren't answering your phone; I was getting worried," I said.

"Anthony, Melanie broke into the house yesterday. She went crazy. We're still kind of shaken up."

My jaw dropped. "Oh my God, are you okay? Do you want me to come over?" Now I was really worried. There was a pause.

"Yeah okay why don't you come over in a little. We can talk about whatever you called about."

"Okay, is 20 minutes good?" I asked.

"Yeah, that sounds fine," he replied.

"I'll see you in a bit then." We hung up and I sat down, waiting to leave. I just couldn't believe that had happened. How did Melanie even find them? Ian will tell me, I guess. 20 minutes later, I locked up the house and drove off to Ian's.

Okay well it's been a while, but I've finally updated! Woo! I might put up part 25 also, I'm not sure. If I feel like typing it I will. Anyway, thanks for reading! Please vote and comment! :)