Chapter 13 Early morning phone call

-Anthony- 

It was the day after the whole fiasco, and I was still kind of out of it. I was laying around all day, so I decided to take a walk after dinner. If you classify a couple crackers and cheese dinner. I walked to the park and strolled through the long, uncut grass. I went across a shortcut at the back of the park, and just started walking. I didn't know where I was going, and didn't care. I ended up near the mall. The sidewalk had ended where I was, but on the other side it continued. I looked for cars and crossed the street. The next thing I knew, I heard a car horn and everything went black.

-Ian- 

It was 1am when I heard my phone ring. I reached for it and answered.

"Is this Ian Hecox?" a woman on the other line asked.

"Yes, to whom am I speaking to?" I asked her.

"My name is Kershlee, I'm a nurse at Sacramento Mercy Hospital. Anthony Padilla was in a car accident, and you were on his emergency contact list."

I started to get dressed frantically. "I'll be there soon!" I left a note for YN telling her where I was and to call me when she read the note. Crap, I don't have a car, I thought to myself. I took YNs car and raced to the hospital. A few minutes later I was there. I went to the ER, the only place I could think of to go. "Anthony Padilla?" I asked breathlessly. The woman at the front desk typed Anthony's name into the computer.

"He was just move to Orthopedics. Third floor, room 201." I thanked her and went as fast as I could to Anthony. I found his room, and the doctor was there when I walked in. He turned to me.

"You must be Ian," he said.

"Yes," I said. "What happened?"

"According to a few witnesses, Mr. Padilla was hit by a car while crossing a busy road. His ribs are fractured and he has a broken arm. Those are the only major injuries. Your friend is lucky," he told me. The doctor put Anthony's chart in the holder at the end of the bed and said he would be back later to check in. I nodded, and he left. Sighing, I sat down In a chair next to Anthony's hospital bed and waited for him to wake up.

A/N: I wanted to clear something up in case someone else says it- I noticed a significant similarity when I was just reading nevershoutnever814's fanfic. This was NOT intended. I wrote this like last week, already having this idea. Okay well anywayy, thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed! ~Vote! ~Comment! ~Yay!