Chapter 9 Sleepover

-Megan-

I was having a great time with the girls all day. We had gone to the mall, and I had gotten so many things! Ian was going to be so mad at me.

“Oh my God, I bought $90 worth of clothes!” I exclaimed, looking at my receipts when we got to the restaurant for dinner. “Ian’s going to kill me!” The girls laughed.

“Just don’t show him the receipts!” Jan said.

“Yeah I’ll try to hide them…” I replied. “Oh gosh, and now we’re at this fancy restaurant!” I was so nervous.

“Don’t worry about it! Calm down and enjoy yourself!” Jan told me. I forced a smile. We looked at our menus and ordered our food when the waiter came back with our drinks. At around 8:30, we were ready to leave.

“Megan, stay over; we’re going to continue this to a girls’ night! It’ll be just like old times!” Jan invited me excitedly. I was hesitant, but said I would go. I called Ian to let him know what I was doing.

“Okay, sweetie, have fun! I’ll miss you,” he said.

“I’ll miss you too,” I said.

“I’m sorry, I have to go; call me tomorrow morning!” Ian told me.

“Will do. I love you,” I said.

“Love you too,” he replied and we hung up. I got in Nancy’s car and we drove off to Jan’s house.

-You-

Ian was right, this movie is really scary! You thought to yourself as you held his arm tightly. Ian’s cell rang.

“Ahh!” you screamed.

“Relax, it’s my phone,” Ian said, pausing the movie. He got up to answer it in the next room. You leaned over the couch to eavesdrop. Okay, have fun. … I have to go, call me tomorrow morning. … Love you too. Okay bye! You heard the click of the door opening and quickly sat back in your place on the couch. Ian walked into the tv room, put his arm around you and unpaused the movie. A few screams and jolts from you later, the movie was over. Your hands were covering your eyes and Ian was hugging you tight with his arm. “You okay, (YN)?” he asked.

“I don’t know…” you said. Ian looked at the digital clock on the side table. It was 10:45. “Are you going to be okay if I take you home?” You thought for a moment.

“Can I stay here for a bit? Teresa is on vacation for the week, so I’m kinda scared to go home right away all by myself. Just until Megan gets home?” you asked. Pleaded was more like it.

“Well Megan’s not coming over until tomorrow, so if you need to, you can stay the night. We can have a sleepover,” he said with a wink. You laughed half-heartedly.

“Could we? I think I’d be too scared at home by myself.”

“Well then, a sleepover it is,” Ian said. You sighed.

“Thanks,” you said, trying to smile.

“No problem. I’ll get you some blankets.”

-Ian-

I went to the hall to get (YN) some blankets. This was kind of weird, her sleeping over, Anthony not with her and Megan at Jan’s.

“Do you want to sleep here, or did you want to go to Anthony’s room?” I asked (YN).

“Here is fine,” she replied. “I don’t feel like getting up.”

“Whatever you want. Just call out if you need anything,” I said.

“Thanks again,” (YN) smiled. “No problem,” I replied. “Goodnight.”

“Goodnight,” she yawned.

I put my phone on charge next to my bed to be ready when Megan called tomorrow morning, and had just gotten under the covers when there was a yell. I ran into the tv room, grabbing a bat resting on the wall as I ran out.

“What?! What’s wrong??” I asked (YN) looking around. She was sitting up on the couch, hugging her knees.

“I-I can’t sleep,” she stuttered. “Every time I close my eyes, I see… th-that girl’s face. I see her head turning around.” She looked up at me and I saw that she had tears skating down her face. I put the bat down.

“I told you we shouldn’t have watched that,” I said, sitting next to her and pulled her into a hug. “It’s just a movie. Nothing’s going to happen to you. I’m here,” I reassured her, rubbing her shoulder. Her breathing slowed. “Better?” I asked.

“Yeah, I think so,” (YN) said.

“Okay, I’m going back to bed now,” I told her gently, and she scooted back into a sleeping position. I kissed her forehead and went back to bed. But not ten minutes later, it happened again. I ran out to the tv room. “Okay you know what? You’re sleeping with me tonight,” I told (YN). I picked her up and slowly carried her to my room, gently laid her down, then laid next to her. I stroked her hair until she fell asleep and put my arm around her protectively. She didn’t wake up screaming again. Megan called the next morning around 10:30. She had just woken up and was waiting for the other girls to wake up so they could eat breakfast. After we hung up, I nudged (YN) gently. She opened her eyes.

“Hey,” she said.

“Hi,” I replied smiling. “Are you feeling better?” I asked.

“Lots,” she said. I pushed her hair back and gave her a quick kiss. “I’m going to make breakfast. Megan is going to be home in about an hour.”

“Okay,” (YN) said, stretching. I got up and went to the kitchen to make some eggs. (YN) walked out a few minutes later. I slid her plate of eggs and got some for myself. “Well, I guess I’ll have to be going now,” she said after we ate.

“Yeah.” I walked out of the kitchen. We looked at each other. I grabbed (YN)’s waist and pulled her towards me. I kissed her once more, like we did at the park. It was passionate. When we broke away, (YN) looked at me longingly. She took my hand and squeezed it, and walked to the door. Before she could open it, I grabbed her hand and kissed her again before she left. Her lips tasted like strawberry. We broke away for a second time, but (YN) stayed inches away from me this time. She stayed there for a while, and then looked down.

“I have to go,” she said softly, her tone depressed.

“I know,” I whispered. I brushed my lips on her cheek and (YN) reached for the doorknob. I watched her walk to her car and drive away. I went back inside and closed the door. Sitting on the couch, I traced my lips. I thought about what had happened yesterday and this morning. I loved it.

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed; please leave a comment for feedback :)