Chapter 35 Blazing Saddles

A/N: If you get bored, I'm sorry but pull through till the end ;)

-YN-

You walked inside the house after work to find Ian on the couch eating popcorn and watching a movie.

"Hey, whatcha watching?" you asked, walking over and giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Blazing Saddles," he replied

You looked at him quizzically. "Really?"

He paused the movie." Yes, really. Why?"

You shrugged. "I never saw you as a Mel Brooks fan is all."

Ian scrunched up his face. "Well I am!" He crossed his arms like he was angry, and you laughed.

"Okay, okay. Let me change and I'll watch it with you."

You came out a minute later and sat next to Ian as he unpaused the movie. Grabbing some popcorn, you leaned against Ian and readied yourself for laughter.

*********************************************************************

"He rode the blazing saddle, he wore a shining star. His job to offer battle, to bad men near and far. He conquered fear and he conquered hate, he turned our night into day. He made his blazing saddle a touch to light the way....."

You and Ian sang along during the end credits as Gene Wilder and Cleavon Little got off their horses into a car and drove away.

"This is probably one of the best movies ever," Ian said.

You nodded. "I'd have to agree with you there."

All of the popcorn was gone, so you took the bowl from the end table and put it in the sink.

"I think my favorite character is Hedy Lamarr," Ian told you

"That's Hedley!" you said, quoting the movie and laughing. "You know, we need to do our mid-month movie night soon."

You and Ian always had a movie night in the middle of every night. You had started with movie week, but it didn't work because you ran out of movies to go to.

"Ah, that's right!" Ian said. "Have you looked at movies?"

"No, not yet," you replied.

Grabbing your iPhone, you pulled up the Fandango app. You scrolled through, looking for a good movie. Ian sat at the bar stool next to you that you had perched on a moment ago. 

"Anything?" he asked again, tapping his finger against the marble island.

"Hmm... How about this one?" you suggested, pointing to The Great Gatsby. You looked up and saw Ian making a face. "What?"

"I dunno, that one seemed like a chick flick..." he said, scratching his beard.

You sighed and looked at the movie list again. "Okay, how about this one? 42. It's about baseball. You like baseball right?"

Ian made a face that said "I don't really want to see it, but I know you do so I guess we're going to see it."

"Okay, it's settled. 42 it is." you smiled. Ian shook his head and retreated to the office to order tickets.

-Ian-

I ordered tickets for an 8:15 movie. YN and I hated waiting in lines. We always got there at the worst time and had to wait forever, so I had started to get tickets online. I ordered the tickets for Saturday and printed them out.

*Saturday*

"Hey YN, are you ready?" I called into our room.

"Yeah, just a sec!" she called back. She walked out a few moments later.

"You look nice," I said, reaching for her hand and smiling. She took it, and our fingers intertwined. I locked the door and we drove off to get dinner then see the movie.

**********************************************************************

"Wow, that was a terrific movie, maybe the best I've seen this year so far," I said, pushing the door to the theater open.

"Agreed!" YN said, grinning.

We arrived home and I had the key in the door when YN said, "Well Mr. Hecox, do I get my goodnight kiss?"

I grinned. "Well of course you do, Miss. YN"

I put my hand gently on YN's waist pulling her closer to me, the other hand behind her neck. We drew in and YN grabbed tufts of my hair as we kissed for what seemed like days. Forever later, we pulled away our breath heavy. Neither of us said anything for a while until YN broke the silence.

"Wow"

"...Yeah"

Well then! That last part broke the bore, didn't it?! I literally wrote that last part in like 5 minutes. All I had before was "We went back home." I didn't know what to write yet until just now.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed it a little at least. I know it wasn't the best chapter. Next chapter is smoshy goodness! :) Please vote and comment, much appreciated! :)

P.S. Blazing Saddles is a terrific movie, you should watch it.