Chapter 18 Good Samaritan

-Anthony-

I was feeling a lot better, so I decided to go for a walk to get some fresh air (just around the block!). I took an umbrella with me to use as a makeshift cane if I needed, because the doctor said I should use one. I felt like an old man using the cane though, so I just got the umbrella. I put on my shoes, grabbed my house keys and walked outside. Halfway through my walk, I saw a girl walking to her car. Wow, she was hot. I was staring at her and lost my balance. “Ughh!” I yelled as I hit the ground, grabbing my torso. My ribs were aching. So much for feeling better.

“Oh my god, are you okay?” the girl said, running over.

“Not really,” I groaned, my hands still on my ribs as I tried to prop myself up on my elbows.

“Well, can you get up?” she asked.

“Yes, but very slowly and I need your help.” I instructed her how to help me up without crushing my ribs. Again. The girl helped me up and I was in a standing position, leaning on my “cane.”

“So um, what happened to you, if I may ask?” I sighed and told her. What am I doing? I asked myself. Telling this stranger my personal life? She looks so familiar though…

-?-

I was walking to my car when I heard a loud “Ughh!” I turned my head to see a man lying on my neighbor’s lawn. I ran over to help him up which took a while because as he told me after, he had been hit by a car a week ago and his ribs were still healing.

“Thanks for helping me,” the man said.

“You’re welcome,” I replied. “I couldn’t just leave you there! Would you…like to come in and sit down for a moment? I just made some lemonade.”

“Yeah, that might be a good idea, thanks,” he smiled. We walked inside and I motioned to the living room sofa then went to the kitchen to get lemonade. A few moments later, I brought out the drinks.

“Soo…” I said tapping the side of the rocking chair I had sat on.

He smiled awkwardly. “So indeed.” We talked a few minutes, and then the man said he had to go. “Thank you so much for being a Good Samaritan,” he said, smiling. “

Oh, no problem,” I replied, returning the smile. The man grabbed his umbrella (what was with the umbrella anyway?) and walked out the door. He was halfway down the sidewalk when I called out, “Wait!” The man turned around. “You…you never told me your name!”

He smiled. “Anthony. My name is Anthony,” he called back.

Gaspp clifhanger! Haha I think the next few chapters have cliffhangers; this is turning out to be a pretty good story I think. I'm not sure where I'm going with it exactly, but there's 24 chapters so far haha. Anyway please vote and comment! Until next time! :)