Chapter 32 Something Different

-Ian-

Anthony had called and excitedly told me about his date on Saturday while I was finishing a script. I was on a roll; I had 3 scripts ready for us, plus I had an idea for a music video. Anyway, I was so happy for Anthony. Hopefully everything goes well with him and Mandy, and they start a relationship like before she had left. They really did seem like the perfect couple. As I was thinking about all of this, YN came into the office.

"Working on a video?" she asked, sitting in her chair.

"Just finished a third," I said with a smile. "I even have an idea for a music video!"

YN replied, "That's great Ian!" She started to get up but then said, "Oh, did Anthony say anything about the movies?"

I nodded. "Yeah, he said it was great. The dinner and movie went well, and he gave her a smooch when he was at her door," I said with a wink.

She laughed and hit my arm playfully. "You're such a child. But that's great, I'm glad it went well," she said, I agreed. She left the office and I went back to work. 

-YN- 

You didn't know much about Mandy, but from what Ian told you about their date, Anthony was happy. And that was all that really mattered. You had learned that she and Anthony had been together for a while before she was moving to Florida. She wanted Anthony to go with her, but broke up with him when he said he couldn't go because it would break up smosh. It was a difficult choice, but now she's back, and they can be together again. Looking at your watch, you saw that you should hurry for class. You put your books and pencils in your Jansport backpack. Walking by the office, you told Ian that you were leaving and would be back in about 2 hours unless you got called into work.

"Cya!" he yelled, and you grabbed the keys to your gray Impala and left for class. 

Walking out of Anatomy 101, you checked your iPhone for messages. There was one from your boss:

'Hi YN, we're short-handed today; if you aren't in class I need you to come into work for a few hours.'

You texted back: 'Just got out! I'll be there ASAP'

Half an hour later, you arrived at the diner. Deena, your boss, needed you until around 7:30. Ian called you on the way over and you told him you had to work. He was still writing, so it wasn't a problem.

All the dinner regulars started to come in. One of them, Mr. Karowitz always got meatloaf and potatoes with corn. His drink was raspberry tea, and when he got dessert, a slice of chocolate cake.

"The usual, Mr. K?" you asked, not even getting your notepad out.

"Actually dear, I thought I might try something different."

The entire diner went quiet and a fork clattered to the floor. Your mouth dropped and you turned around. Mr. K had been coming here for 15 years. He came at the same time, sat at the same stool, and ordered the same meal every Tuesday.

"Oh, um okay," you cleared your throat. "What would you like?" you asked.

"How about a steak and broccoli?" he replied with a smile.

"And to drink?" you asked cautiously. He stroked his beard. I'll have some pink lemonade. I've always wanted to try that."

You nodded and turned around to Marve in the kitchen, who had been listening intently, as well as the entire diner.

"Well you heard him," you said.

Marve turned around slowly and started to make Mr. K's new meal, and the diner slowly began to fill with chatter, obviously about what just happened. This was like a change in history. At least he's still having his slice of chocolate cake for dessert.

"Oh by the way, YN," Mr. K spoke up, grabbing your arm. "I'll have apple pie for dessert."

So yeah this is kind of a silly chapter haha. I think I was in a weird mood when I wrote it?? Idk um anyway I hope you enjoyed it though.Thank you for reading! Please vote and comment, much appreciated! :)