Chapter 6 Casual Friday

-Anthony-

                I was eating breakfast when I got a phone call from my mom. She said my brother Kevin had been in a car accident and was in the hospital. “I’ll be there as soon as I can,” I told her. Ian and Megan looked up at me over their cereal bowls.

“What’s up?” Ian asked. I was silent for a moment.

“Kevin is in the hospital. He got in a car crash,” I told them.

“Oh man, I’m sorry,” Ian said. “Is he going to be okay?” I shook my head.

“I don’t know. Mom didn’t tell me much. I’m gonna go up and see him. I’ll probably be there for a few days,” I said. I went to my room to pack. After putting a few things in it, I picked up my suitcase and walked to the car, I reached for my keys, but they weren’t in my pocket. “Son of a bitch,” I said out loud. I walked back inside. “Have you guys seen my keys?” I asked. We looked and Ian found them. He tossed them to me, I caught them and waved goodbye. I walked back to the garage and got in my car. I backed out of the driveway, and drove to the airport to see my brother.

-Megan-

Oh my gosh, Kevin. I really hope he’s okay. He and Anthony are so close. Ian looked at me; he was thinking the same thing. “He’s going to be okay, I know it,” Ian told me, grasping my hand. It was still pretty early in the morning, so I made some coffee and Ian and I sat out on back porch. The morning was cool, just right to sit out and enjoy the spring air in your pj’s.

“So I’m going out later this afternoon with the girls,” I told Ian. “We’ll probably be out all day.”

“Alright,” Ian said, his eyes closed. “Maybe I’ll make an Ian is Bored.” I smiled.

“Okay.” I got up to take a shower and get ready for the day out with the girls.

-Ian-

I was stretched out on the hammock when Megan called out that she was leaving. “It’s almost 11:30, maybe you should get dressed, lazy bum,” she said. I got up and kissed her goodbye then got dressed. At 12:30 the doorbell rang. I put down my camera which I had almost started making a video with. Who could that be? I wondered. I opened the door and (YN) was standing on the porch. She was wearing a purple v-neck shirt, skinny jeans and chucks. Simple, but she still looked good.

“Hey!” she said cheerfully. “Anthony and I are having our casual Friday?” she half-told, half-asked me.

“Oh, uh Anthony’s brother is in the hospital, so he left this morning to go see him. He’ll be gone a few days,” I informed her.

“Oh, he didn’t call…” (YN) said, frowning.

“Well he was pretty worked up about it. They’re really close. He was probably distracted,” I said.

“Yes, I suppose you’re right,” she replied.”

“Well do you wanna chill anyway? We can catch up or something. I barely know you!” I laughed. She smiled and agreed. I got her a drink and we went outside.

“So, I said “What should I know about the famous (YN)?” I asked smiling. She laughed.

“Hmm well…” she proceeded to tell me about herself; that she was going to school for nursing. (YN) was in her sophomore year of college. She told me all the classes she was taking at the moment.

“Wow,” I said when (YN) was finished talking. “That must be really hectic, all those classes and the homework and then your job at Friday’s.” (YN) was silent for a moment then she burst out in tears.

“It’s terrible!” she cried. “What with work and school, it’s so difficult to get homework and essays done! I’ve had to pull so many all-nighters just so I could go to work the next day!” By now tears were streaming down her face.

“Hey, hey, it’s gonna be okay,” I said. I pulled her close and hugged her. “I know what it’s like. Anthony and I went to college but dropped out when we were doing well with smosh. But I know how it is.” (YN) looked up.

“Really?” she asked with a sniff.

“Really,” I said, wiping the tears off of her face. We stared at each other for a moment and were thinking the same thing. I very badly wanted to kiss her. I looked away quickly and cleared my throat.

“So um what do you do on casual Friday?”

-You-

Oh my God. I’m blubbering all over Ian. This is so embarrassing. You thought to yourself as he held you. But then again… it felt nice. You and Anthony cuddle, but there was something so right being in Ian’s arms right them. You didn’t want to let go. He wiped the tears from your cheeks. You stared at him for an eternity. The both of you looked away.

“So what do you and Anthony do on your casual Fridays?” Ian asked, clearing his throat.

“Um, well we usually just sit around and watch a movie or take a walk,” you replied.

“Well do you want to take a walk then?” He asked.

“Sure,” you said, getting up. “Some fresh air should do me some good.” You followed Ian out the door. You waited for him to lock the door, then began your walk.

GASSSSPPP xD

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed; please vote and comment :)