Chapter 23

In the rosy haze of the afterglow, I wasn't aware of much, but I could feel Jason removing the vibrator between my thighs and putting it in his pocket.

Then, gathering me up against his chest, he held me, strong arms wrapped tight around me.

I leaned into his embrace, tucking my head under his chin.

When he spoke, I could feel the sound rumbling through his chest.

"I'm really glad you came over."

Smirking, I replied, "Me too."

One of his hands snuck up under my shirt and started rubbing circles on my skin.

Nuzzling my nose against him, I breathed in his warm, masculine scent and sighed contentedly.

Eventually, I felt him clear his throat and begin, "So..."

Sleepily, I muttered, "So?"

"How are you feeling?"

Chuckling, I looked up at Jason, "Like I just got railed?"

"Hailey."

"Fine. On a scale from one to ten, I'm an eleven right now." Resting my head against him, I asked, "You?"

"Can't complain."

I reached a hand up to caress his cheek. "Damn right."

"And the spank?"

"Theory confirmed: I really like being spanked."

His hand stalled. "You're sure you're okay with it? Because I didn't exactly ask first, and I want to make sure I didn't overstep."

Looking up, I tilted his head toward me. "Jason, I am now absolutely positive that I am into spanking. I give you complete permission to spontaneously spank me – as long as we're alone and I've done something to warrant it."

"Baby, those are dangerous words."

Smirking up at him, I gazed at his lips. "I know."

His thumb stroked the soft skin of my lower back, and I noticed a lingering worry in his eyes.

"What is it?"

"I... I wasn't too rough, was I?"

The saucy reply on my lips died there when I realized he was genuinely concerned.

"Jason," I looked into his eyes, "If you had crossed a line, I would have told you. You didn't do anything wrong."

He looked away, swallowing. "It's just... I've never actually done this before – rough sex, sadism... this is the first time I've gotten to try it out."

He never-

"So, you and Amanda..."

My voice trailed off. Shit.

I hadn't meant to bring up his ex.

"Sorry," I muttered, "forget I said anything-"

"We didn't."

Glancing up, I wanted him to go on, but knew it was none of my business.

Unprompted, he explained. "Amanda and I were high school sweethearts. When we got together, long term sexual compatibility wasn't really a thing I was concerned about. Mostly, I was just happy to be with a girl who was willing to sleep with me."

"She wasn't into kink, was she?"

Jason shook his head. "No. The handful of times I broached the subject, she wasn't receptive at all. Eventually, I learned to stop asking."

Leaning against him, I rested my forehead against his neck. "She missed out."

I felt him smile in response.

"So, you're really okay? I didn't hurt you?"

Smirking, I answered, "I'm not a porcelain doll, Jason. You're not gonna break me if you get a little rough. I like rough."

"Okay. But, if I ever do go too far-"

I cut him off. "That's what the safeword is for."

Tightening his hold on me, he pressed his nose into my hair and breathed me in.

"Are you going to be alright if I go upstairs to finish dinner?"

Sighing, I answered, "Yeah. Word has it we're having enchiladas?"

"You're staying?"

"As long as the offer was sincere."

"It was."

"Then yes." After a moment, I raised my head, annoyed, "Also, did you have to send Faith down here to ask me?"

Remorse painted his features. "I didn't – she insisted on coming down to say, 'hi'. I just tried to stall her as much as I could."

"Oh."

"She didn't...notice anything, right?"

Faith, pay attention to something that didn't involve her?

I shook my head, "No, I don't think she suspected a thing."

"Good. On that note, I'm going to head to the kitchen before she gets back."

"Okay." Tilting my head up, I met his lips in a gentle goodbye kiss.

We parted, and his fingers traced the edge of my jaw.

"By the way, if I don't get to say this later, I really enjoyed seeing you today. Could we do this again? Maybe sometime soon?"

Rubbing my nose against his, I smiled. "I'm game. When?"

"Well, I'm going to be home all week. How's tomorrow sound?"

Glancing around the room, I shrugged, "Well, I do have an awful lot of work to do down here."

Jason's grin was loaded with promises, "Baby, you're not going to be getting much work done."