Chapter 41

Ecstasy danced on the tip of my tongue, thrummed along my veins, so close I could see the glow of my orgasm just over the horizon.

"You gonna come for me, baby?"

In that place beyond words, I could only whimper, bottom lip caught between my teeth.

Jason's groans echoed through my earbuds, deep and primal.

Through the window of my phone screen, I watched as he stroked himself, alone in his distant hotel room.

A sharp ache shot through me, a bone-deep need to be there, to be with him, to have my hands on his cock...

"Jason-" I traced the head of the wand vibrator across my clit, wishing it was his fingers, his tongue-

"Hailey - fuck!" He shuddered as he came, milky splashes of cum painting his abdomen.

The sound of my name on his lips, the vision of this beautiful, powerful man losing control had my toes curling, head falling back as my climax overtook me.

Quivering, I felt my hips buck against the vibrator as liquid fire raced across my skin.

"Oh god-" My voice was a breathy whisper, a desperate plea as a wave of absolute pleasure consumed me.

I didn't notice that the sound cut out until I looked at my phone.

A banner notification took up the top of the screen – Faith Coleman was calling.

"-fuck's sake..." Setting the massager aside, I declined the call, knowing what kind of hell I was going to get for it later.

"...Hailey?" Jason's breathless voice came through just as the reminder of Faith's existence disappeared.

"Sorry about that. I forgot to turn notifications off."

"Oh?"

"Not important." After all, I was splayed naked on my bed for Jason Coleman's pleasure. The last thing I wanted to talk about was his daughter.

But, as it turned out, there was no avoiding Faith.

When I checked my phone the next morning, a cavalcade of angry messages awaited me.

Sitting on my couch with a bowl of cereal balanced on my thighs, I leisurely scrolled through them, skimming the blatant disrespect, and wondering for the millionth time why I'd ever liked her.

Reaching the end, I typed a quick reply: "Sorry, went to bed early last night – what's up?"

Moments later a new text bubble appeared: "Zane's older brother says he'll buy us some vodka – be at Mom's place at 8."

I glared at the phone, irritation simmering behind my eyes as I sent a terse, "Can't."

"Why not?"

"Work."

"It's Spring Break!"

Rolling my eyes, I replied: "And?" The only thing that Spring Break meant in my world was extra money for extra shifts.

"And I didn't get an invite to go ski with Sierra and her folks, so I have to entertain myself somehow!"

She actually thought they'd want to take her along?

Sierra's mom was about as fond of Faith as my mother was.

Not that Faith ever noticed.

A follow-up message appeared: "Look, when are you free? This is my last high-school Spring Break, and I refuse to spend it at home with my mother and Paul."