Chapter 38

Walking behind Faith and Sierra, I tried to pay attention to their conversation, but my mind kept flashing back to last night – the filthy, wanton things I'd done, the things I'd let Jason do to me...

I almost didn't notice when they stopped in front of me.

Barely catching myself before plowing into them, I looked up, startled.

Faith stared back, "You awake?"

Shaking my head, I answered, "Barely."

"Same," Sierra groaned. "That English paper kicked my ass."

Faith froze, "Oh, fuck. I completely forgot." She bit her lip, "You think I could talk Mr. Meehan into giving me an extension? My grandparents are in town, and I totally spaced it."

Sierra frowned, "Didn't you already use the, 'My Grandma died', excuse with him?"

"So?" She shrugged, "I have two pairs. Three, if you want to count Paul's family."

I grimaced.

Who would want to count that creep?

"Oh, that reminds me; we're taking them out for dinner tonight, and Mom says you're both invited."

Sierra stifled a yawn, "I'm in."

Faith turned to me. "Hailey?"

"I can't," I lied, "I've got work."

Rolling her eyes, Faith accepted the excuse with a frustrated, "Whatever."

And, as she turned around, I heard her mutter under her breath, "-first time she's turned down free food."

Stunned, I stopped in my tracks.

Beside me, Sierra did the same.

Glancing over, I watched as she blinked, her face a rictus of disbelief and repulsion.

Then her eyes met mine, and I read the question there.

Did she actually just say that?

Sighing, I grit my teeth and moved to catch up.

It didn't matter – it was one comment, one drop in the ocean of insults and humiliation she'd been drowning me in.

And, anyway, I had a life raft now...

Jason.

"...and then, once you have the ends tied off, you can leave them as is, or you can tuck them into the rest of the knot to hide them."

"Why?" I asked, sitting cross-legged on Jason Coleman's living room floor, watching as he finished binding my hands together.

"Aesthetics; If you're taking photos or performing in front of others, tucking the ends just looks more polished."

Performing? The thought sent a thrill through me, and, clad in only my underwear and his sweatshirt, I watched as goosebumps spread out across my skin.

Cocking an eyebrow, I narrowed my eyes, "And how do you know this?"

Jason smirked. "Google."

"'Google'?"

"They've got all kinds of resources for the amateur kinkster."

Chuckling, I shook my head, "I'll bet."

Deftly, he began to untie me, unwinding the hemp around my wrists. "So, any questions?"

"Nope."

"Ready to try it on me?"