I. Hit 'Em Up

Chapter 1, Hit 'Em Up
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Don't be yelling at my baby Daelo, you can't even get out of the tub without getting shot. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

"First off, bleep yo bleep and the click you claim."

I blurred the curses as I drove down the road of Atlanta, Daelo in the back vibing to the song as Javon bumped his head to the beat.
Currently I was driving to Jaden's game which I was about to be early to because he forgot his water bottle, which was important since the game runs later.

"Yo, Jaden looks like he's pissing his pants."

Javon joked as he got out the car, I looked at him and rolled my eyes.
I grabbed his water bottle and walked to the dug out, Javon walked to his family sitting on the benches.

"Hey princess, thanks for the water."

Jaden thanked me as I handed him his water bottle, I nodded and turned around to walk to the stands when he grabbed my arm and twirled me around.

"No good luck kiss?"

He asked, I chuckled and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him down slightly and attaching my lips to his.
I felt him smile against my lips which was enough for me to pull away, I kissed his cheeks and walked away from him.

I sat next to Jayla on my right and Daelo on my left, the game hasn't even started yet when Javon and Daelo began to argue.

"Oh my god, can y'all not argue right now?"

I asked patiently, Daelo agreed and smiled at me whilst Javon glared at me and shook his head.
Like who the hell pissed in this kid's sneakers today and made him wear it with the ugliest socks on?

"Nah, Daelo!"

Javon whisper shouted, I looked at him with a mother look and crossed my arms.
Now ain't nobody about to yell at my baby Daelo, not while I'm around anyways.

" Don't be yelling at my baby Daelo, you can't even get out of the tub without getting shot. "

I glared at Javon, which made Daelo chuckle but Javon just rolled his eyes and looked at the field.
The game was now starting, I was excited.

"Well, you did your best. Isn't that all that matters?"

I asked as I rubbed Jaden's back comfortingly, his team had lost and he was taking it to the heart.
We were back at the Waltons house, I was upstairs sitting on his bed as Jaden took his cleats off.

"Look, I'm gonna take a shower. I uhm, I got you a gift, on my desk."

Jaden didn't bother speaking anymore, he was disappointed in himself and I knew he was.
It made me feel bad, I got up from his bed and walked over to his desk and found a little red box sitting on top of his laptop.

Holy sh..

My thoughts were interrupted with a knock at the door, I looked up and away from the box.
I walked over to door and opened it, revealing a smiling Jayla with her happy girlfriend Cora.

"Where's your future husband at?"

Cora asked as she walked into the room, sitting on his bed.
I rolled my eyes playfully at her and sat beside her, pointing at the bathroom door.

"Ahh, a hot shower to relieve his anger. I totally thought y'all were gonna have a big-"

"Big summer blow out!"

Cora interrupted her girlfriend, causing all three of us to laugh at his idiotic behavior.
But I knew what they were trying to say, I mean whenever I lost at anything, I blew up.

Anyways, I learned to not take anything to the heart because it wouldn't change anything in my future.
I was about to say something when the shower was turned off, it was silent for a moment until the bathroom door opened.

As smoke left the bathroom, Jaden rubbed his wet hair with his damp towel as he walked to his closet.
Jaden placed a white champion shirt on that didn't really go well with his yellow boxers, but now was not the time to point that out.

"Yo, you good?"

Jayla asked as she grabbed her girlfriend's hand and stood up with her, they approached him.
My eyes were fixated on the red box on the desk that I didn't bother touching nor opening until I was near Jaden, I'm guessing Cora noticed because she gasped and pointed it out.

"Jay, are you proposing!?"

Jayla asked as she walked over to the desk and grabbed the box, examining it but not opening it yet.
Jaden chuckled as his facial expression finally softened, he shook his head and grabbed the box from Jayla.

"Nah, man I wish but not yet. I just realized I didn't really promise Scarlett anything, so.."

Jaden's voice trailed off as he walked in front of me and went down on one knee as if he was proposing, I smiled as I looked down at him.
He opened the box, revealing a matching silver ring with the infinity sign embroidered inside of it.

"Scarlett, I promise to love and support you. Through sickness and in health, there's nothing I would do to put you through what I had put you through earlier, I love you a lot princess."

Jaden spoke out as I put my right hand out, he smiled at me and slid the ring on my ring finger.
I looked at him and couldn't stop the tears slipping from my eyes, he got up from his kneeling position and lifted me up.

"I love you more."

I choked out as he twirled me around, Jayla and Cora laughed and cheered before walking out of the room to give us privacy.

"You know this is just the beginning."

Jaden told me as he grabbed the hand with the ring and kissed it, I looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh really?"

I asked as I kissed his cheek and walked to his bed, sitting down as he walked to his desk and grabbed the remotes.

"Yes really, it's a promise ring now but later, later it's gonna be an engagement ring princess. That I can promise you."

Jaden said as he pecked my lips and kicked his slides off, laying down next to me and turning the TV on, wrapping his left arm around my waist as he did so.

Why oh why must it be later? Why can't you just propose now?

I wondered as I laid down beside him and rested my head on his chest.