XIX. Don't Let Me Go

Chapter 19, Don't Let Me Go
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     " I can't believe you even remembered where and how we first met. "

  ~ Scarlett's POV ~

         "Okay seriously what's going on?"

    I questioned but everyone looked around or shrugged their shoulders, I sighed and waited around the baseball field of where Jaden and I first met.
  There was awkward silence and some tension in the air but nobody dared to speak, that's when there was a gasp.

   "Scarlett, happy birthday."

   Jaden greeted, I turned around and smiled as he was wearing a black suit with a red bowtie.
  He looked like a dork but he was my adorable dork.

    "Thank you Jaden, but what's going on?"

    I asked, but all he did was walk over to me and kiss me gently.
  He hugged me and rubbed my back which made me smile slightly.

    "Alright, how do I uhm say or do this without crying..?"

   Jaden mumbled to himself, I looked at him and walked backwards a bit, distancing myself from him.
  I felt a little weird, what did mean by this?

   That's when Jaden walked over to my dad and smiled at him, he looked at me and then back at my dad.

    "Do I have your blessing?"

    He asked, with that being said, my heart dropped to my feet and my nerves were acting up.
  Jessica looked at me and her tears began, Jaden walked over to me after my father nodded and he got down on one knee.

    "Scarlett Elizabeth Delmonico, we met three years ago right here when you first moved here. I don't think I would ever be able to forget the moment I saw you, I know last year I messed up and there is no justifying that."

    Jaden began causing the tears in my eyes to start, I looked at him and then looked at my dad who was also tearing up a bit.
  I looked at him and took a deep breath, he smiled at me with his tears slipping out.

    "I didn't want to ever be without you, I honestly want to spend the rest of my life with you. This seems dumb considering we are both teens but I do know I wanna stay with you, so this is your birthday gift from me to you.."

    My mind ran around all over the field as my heart began to beat faster and harder to the point I felt it in my throat, I looked at my mom who was holding Atlas as she began to cry.

  Okay, take it easy Scar.

      I thought to myself in hopes it would relax myself but it didn't, I looked at him and just smiled brightly.
  Jaden pulled out a small black box and opened it, where a small diamond ring sat inside.

    "So, Scarlett Elizabeth Delmonico, will you do the honors and marry me?"

    The question I was waiting for, I looked at him as if the world stopped and only revolved around us for the minute.
  I looked at Jaden and as the tears slip, I nodded my head vigorously and he stood up.

   "Yes, please."

   As he walked over to me, I couldn't wait and all I did was run over to him.
  He lifted me from the ground and spun me around before kissing me softly, I laid my head on his shoulder and wrapped my arms around his neck.

   Everyone began to cheer and after he put me down I ran over to my dad and hugged him tightly, he hugged me back and picked me up.
  I looked at him and smiled.

  "Dad, I'm getting married.."

   I said in awe, staring at the ring sitting on my left ring finger.
  Alana looked at me and handed my brother to my dad before she grabbed me and hugged me tightly, I hugged back and cried.

    "Mommy, I'm getting married."

     My voice broke, I looked over and saw as Jaden held onto Jessica, crying as well.
  A laugh left my mouth as I watched as Jayla hugged onto Cora, Javon hugged his twin and soon we switched families.

   I held onto DJ as Jessica joined in on the hug, she rubbed my back and pulled away after a minute.

    "Does this mean I would be apart of the family?"

   I questioned, Jessica and DJ looked at each other and laughed before looking back at me.

  "You were family the minute Jaden ran home to talk about you when y'all first met."

   Jessica told me, I chuckled and walked over to my fiance, he wrapped his arms around my waist.

   " I can't believe you even remembered where and how we first met. "

   I confessed to Jaden, he looked at me and then smiled awkwardly.

  "I have a gift for you but it's your graduation gift, I can't really give you it now but it'll explain how I remembered."

   Jaden told me, I nodded slowly and kissed him softly before we all got into the two cars and drove off to a restaurant.
  When we arrived to the restaurant, I ran over to Xiomara and she hugged me.

   "Oh my, I'm so happy for you girl!"

  Xiomara squealed as we held onto each other tightly, Jaysean just stood there watching us hug awkwardly.
  I looked at him and motioned him to join us which he did, we hugged for a minute before letting go of one another.

    "How long was he planning this?"

    I questioned but they didn't know, they just knew they had to show up at the baseball field.
   The only person that knew he was going to propose was my dad but he didn't want to tell me how long they were planning this, I walked over to my mom.

    "Hey mama, sup Atlas."

    I chuckled, my mom handed me my brother and immediately I began to spill the tea about the engagement even though he wouldn't know nor remember this moment.
   The best part about this was not only did I get a birthday dinner and birthday celebration, I got a engagement celebration and engagement dinner.

     When we finished with the dinner, we drove home but Xiomara, Jayla, Cora, Javon, Jaden, Delilah and I walked to the park.
   Excitement was in the air and everyone was already on Pinterest and Google trying to get the decorations.

   "What color did you want babe?"

     Jaden whispered in my ear as he leaned down to me, I looked at him and he showed me his phone.
  There was different colors but I couldn't choose one, so I closed my eyes and pointed at a color.

       "Sage green it is."

      Jaden told me as he kissed me, I looked at him and laid my head on his shoulder as we looked at more decorations.
   I just took a deep breath and closed my eyes.