XXVIII. Triple Date Night

Chapter 28, Triple Date Night
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    " Is it because my dad went to prison? It is isn't it, that's so stereotypical Scarlett. "

  ~ Xiomara's POV ~

     So I've spent all of my day getting ready for my date, I mean I got my nails done, I did my hair and got the perfect outfit.
   When it was about four hours before the date, I hopped in the shower and shaved, when I got out, I walked to my room and turned on my Air conditioner.

    I did my makeup before I got dressed and then I looked at my outfit, Scarlett helped me choose the dress and Delilah helped me decide which makeup idea I should go with.
  I'm quite excited that we were going on a triple date, I've never been on one before so this would be my first if I'm honest.

   Once I finished getting dressed, I made sure my dress look good on me, I focused on my makeup and then focused on my hair.
   I felt really pretty when I looked in the mirror, so I took a photo and sent it to the girls group chat where they all hyped me up.

   I walked to the kitchen where my father was and hugged him.

   "You look beautiful princess, I hope you have a good time on your date."

   I smiled at my dad as he kissed my forehead and brought his attention back too cooking, he was always the best cook that I ever knew and his food always came out the best.
   Not sure why he didn't just get a job at a restaurant and make a living off of that.

   "Dad I really need you to put Rosa in bed by nine tonight, she's been waking up late and going to school late."

  I informed my dad as I walked to the living room and grabbed my earrings that rested on the table, I walked back with the sounds of my heels clicking the floor following behind.

   "Yeah yeah, I already know Mija. You keep reminding me."

   My father replied nonchalantly as he grabbed the seasoning from the cabinets and added them to the food he was making, I looked at him and sighed before walking over to him.

   "Papá, I'm serious. If she gets another tardy, her grade could go down."

  I told my father, he looked at me and nodded.

"Dad, I'm very serious about this. Rosa can't get another tardy slip, I swear she has a box filled with them in closet right this second."

   My dad stopped cooking and looked at me, he put his hands on my shoulders and looked down at me.

  "Ay Mija, if it gets you to stop nagging then fine."

   My father told me, I rolled my eyes playfully and walked away from him.
  I walked into Rosa's bedroom, she was sitting on her bed watching TV.

   "Buenos noches Rosa, te amo."

(Translation: good night Rosa, I love you)

  I kissed my sister's forehead and walked out of her bedroom, I said goodbye to my father and left the apartment.
  I began to get a little nervous as I entered the elevator, this is actually my first triple date and I didn't know what I was going to do.

  Xiomara's Outfit

   When I got out of the elevator, I walked out of the building and felt the light breeze as I walked to a car

   Jaysean smiled at me as I opened the passenger door, I got inside and closed the door.

   "You look gorgeous."

    Jaysean complimented me, I smiled softly and kissed his cheek as I put my seatbelt on.
  It wasn't a quiet car ride either, we sang along to the lyrics that came on the radio and then made conversation.

    When we arrived to the restaurant, I got out and grabbed Jaysean's hand where all my nerves melted away with just one smile from him.
   I got inside and saw Scarlett laughing at whatever Jaden told her, she looked so happy with him.

   "Y'all look so happy, I swear Jarlett is the best thing ever."

   Jaysean gushed as he sat next to me, Jaden laughed and we began to make conversation as we waited for Javon and Delilah.

   "Xiomara, I would a hundred percent believe you would bail me out of jail."

   Scarlett told me with a smile dancing on her lips as she held Jaden's hand, I looked at her and laughed before trying to have a serious face.

  " Is it because my dad went to prison? It is isn't it, that's so stereotypical Scarlett. "

   I couldn't even keep a straight face because after that was said, me and Scarlett began to laugh even harder.
   She went red in the face and my insides began to hurt but it died down when we noticed Javon and Delilah walk in.

    We changed the seating arrangements, so it was Scarlett, Delilah and I sitting at one side while the boys was sitting on the other side.
  In all honesty, I was nervous for no reason because this felt like we were just hanging out again but just in a romantic way.

      Although this was a time to have fun, I couldn't help but notice the way Scarlett would look at her engagement ring and then back at Jaden.
   This is what I want for her, for her to be happy when she's with him, when she's with me.

      I don't want her to ever be upset about something that didn't need to be important, I'm still happy that she began to stood up for herself.
   If I'm being honest, I thought she was going to be the one standing up for me but here I am.

     Although there's times where she does and will stand up for me, I stand up for her and I always will.