III. His Future Wife, Not Yours

Chapter 3, His Future Wife, Not Yours
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Keep flirting with my girl and imma have to smack you with my bat. "

~ Jaden's POV ~

    "Alright chill, I'm on my way."

     I said as I hung up the phone on Scarlett and got up from my bed, Scarlett called me in the middle of the night crying but wouldn't tell me why.
   So I did what any boyfriend would do, I got dressed, walked downstairs and hopped in my black truck.

     First I stopped by Starbucks and bought two iced caramel coffee, then I stopped by McDonald's and bought her, her usual before driving to her house.
  I also had brought my charger since I just know I would be sleeping over at hers, I mean I thought it was already established since I couldn't leave her after she fell asleep.

    "Jaden, what a pleasant surprise. It's also 12:38 in the morning, why are you here?"

     Alana asked as she stepped aside to let me in, I didn't know if Scar would've wanted Alana to know so I just said I missed my girlfriend.
  I noticed the belly bump right away, it was adorable.

  "We're doing a gender reveal in two weeks, right before the first day of school."

   Alana informed me, I smiled at her and hugged her gently well, I tried hugging her because the bump was in my way.
  I walked upstairs quietly and quickly, making my way to Scar's room and knocking.

   "Come in.."

  A soft but hoarse voice spoke out, I opened the door and once I did, I put the coffees and McDonald's bag by the door.
  Scarlett jumped off of her bed and jumped into my arms.
  She held on tighter than ever, I gripped her thighs and secured her from falling as I walked over to her bed.

   I sat down and rubbed her back as she sobbed into my chest, now wouldn't be a good time to ask her what happened so I just laid down and covered us both.
  Her LEDs were the only thing giving my light, it took her about ten minutes to relax.

  "I bought you McDonald's and coffee."

    I told her as I shifted her off my body and walked to her door, I grabbed the food and drinks and turned on her lamp light.
  The biggest smile was on her face as I handed her the bag and her coffee, she looked at me graciously before stuffing her face with McDonald's fries.

   "Wanna tell me what happened?"

     I asked softly as I grabbed her free hand and kissed it before taking a sip from my coffee,  I looked at how uncomfortable she was with the question.
  Not wanting to push any further, I grabbed her TV remote and turned on the TV, putting on Netflix.

   "Let's watch... Heartstopper, again because it's your comfort show and I know you love watching how shy Charlie gets whenever Nick is around."

      By now I knew everything about my girl, she didn't make it difficult for me to figure out everything about her.
   Scarlett shuffled closer to me and looked up at me with a smile, I smiled back and clicked on the first episode.

   "It was a bad dream, I'm sorry that I made you come all the way over here.."

   Scarlett finally spoke out to me, I looked at her and furrowed my eyebrows.
  I paused the show and sat up, I looked at her and tried figuring out what she meant until she sighed and got up.

   "It was just a nasty nightmare, I didn't know who to call so I just called someone who I knew would get here and stay with me.."

   Scarlett continued as she smiled to herself which warmed my heart.

   "But Xiomara is on babysitting duty since her dad is working out at the gym so I had to call my second person."

     Okay ouch, that hurt.
But understandable, even if she's the first person I would've called.

   "But Cora and Jayla are having a date night, so I called you."

     Scarlett finished, I looked at her like she just stabbed me a million times and then tried putting a bandaid on it.
  I watched as Scarlett began to bubble up with laughter, I felt butterflies hearing how nice it sounded.

       Her laugh was like a melody to an addicting music that you couldn't get enough of, or a drug you couldn't stop using.
   Scarlett Elizabeth Delmonico is my drug, my favorite song, my addictive melody, the light in my darkness.

   "I'll push you out of your window."

  I joked as I got up and grabbed her, Scarlett let out a squeal as she wrapped her legs around my waist.
  I just twirled around as she wrapped her arms around my neck, I laughed a bit.

  "Can we, can we go to 7/11?"

     Scarlett squeaked out as I spun a little faster, I slowed down and nodded as I set her down.
  I watched as she stumbled to her Crocs and grabbed my hand, I walked down the stairs with her and we left the house.

  We walked down the block and around the corner, walking to the 7/11.
  I only wanted a slushie and some strawberry milk, yes I have coffee but this is for later.

   "I'll be back, I need to grab some chips."

    I told Scarlett as I kissed her gently, I walked to the back and grabbed four bags which were lays, Takis, Cheetos and popcorn.
  We're having a movie date night, she just doesn't know it yet.

   When I walked back, I had seen Scarlett shift her body weight side to side as she waited for me to return.
  I didn't know why until I had gotten closer to her when I had seen a about a guy two or four years older than her, glaring at her.

   He a customer not a cashier, but damn can't y'all hit on girls your own age or maybe someone whose not taken?
  I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her closer to me, I paid for our things and as we walked out, there was a whistle..

   " Keep flirting with my girl and imma have to smack you with my bat. "

   I threatened before turning around and grabbed Scarlett's hand, I looked over at her and watched as she took a sip from her blue raspberry slushie.
  She looked up at me and smirked before offering me some of hers, I declined nicely and continued our walk to her house.