V. Gender Reveal Party

Chapter 5, Gender Reveal Party
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    " Tomorrow, we have to have a glow up so that when we go back to school, we look hot. "

  ~ Scarlett's POV ~

    Ah yes, today is the gender reveal party, I'm excited.
   Also the day I've been dreading since I wasn't feeling myself, I just been annoyed as hell lately and I just don't know what's going on.

   I got up from bed and walked to my bathroom, brushing my teeth and then walking downstairs to say good morning to those who are awake.
  When I got downstairs, I hugged Alana and kissed her stomach but my dad was nowhere to be found so I just made myself some coffee and then walked upstairs.

    I got my clothes out that I wanted to wear and then walked to the bathroom, I took a warm shower, washing my hair, shaving my legs and exfoliating.
   When I got out, I wrapped a towel around my wavy, wet hair and then another one around my body before walking to my room.

   I didn't like getting ready in silence so I grabbed my speaker and connected it to my phone, I bought the premium on Spotify since all my songs on that playlist were bangers that I could listen to all day.
   As I got dressed, I got a facetime call from my boyfriend but I didn't feel like answering so I just watched it ring before my song came back on.

   I finished putting my shirt on, when I walked over to my shoe rack and grabbed some shoes that would be matching with Jaden since she wanted to go matching.
  As I tied my laces, I took the towel off and walked over to my vanity, brushing my hair and placing it in two space buns.

   I did some light make up and then looked in the mirror to see if I looked good, which I did so I took some photos and sent them to Jaden.

Scarlett's Outfit

      I walked downstairs, I woke up later than everyone so I was the last one to go into the backyard

   When I got outside, I was greeted by Jayla, Cora, Kylee and Xiomara.

   "How are you feeling?"

  Xiomara asked as she pulled me to the side not wanting people to question or look at me as if something was actually wrong, I just gave her a soft smile and nodded.
  She returned the smile as I pulled her into a hug.

   "Team boy or girl?"

  Kylee asked me as she held up two pins that were pink and blue, I grabbed the blue one and pinned it on my shirt.

  "Just like your boyfriend."

  Jayla told me as she pointed to a table where Jaden was sitting with Daelo, I looked at her and smiled before walking over to him.
  I sat beside him causing Jaden to look up from his phone and look at me, he gave me a kiss and we began to talk.

   "You look amazing."

  Jaden complimented me as we stood up and walked back to our friend group, I smiled at him as I returned the compliment.
  He wrapped his arm around my waist and we began to converse with our friends, Xiomara looked at me.

  " Tomorrow, we have to have a glow up so that when we go back to school, we look hot."

   Xiomara told me which I agreed to it, then it was time for the gender reveal which I've been nervous for.
  We all gathered around Alana and my dad as they stood behind a big white box, I looked at them and smiled.

   "Okay Alana and I are gonna open this white box and then inside is a white balloon, when we pop it, the color of the gender of the baby will be shown."

   My dad sounded like a nerd saying that but I wasn't gonna point it out right now, I decided to wait until later on in the day to tell him he sounded like a dork.
   I grabbed Jaden's hand and be interlocked our fingers, rubbing my hand with his thumb but not looking at me.

  I watched as they opened the box and held onto the balloon together, they looked so adorable together like I wanted to be then when I grew up.
   Soon, the held two pins and looked at us.

  "Okay, three, two, one!"

  We counted down as they finally popped the balloon, I looked at them and gasped as the balloon popped and soon came out the confetti.

"It's a..."

"BOY!"

  Alana and my dad screamed as we all cheered, watching the blue confetti hit the ground made me excited.
  For the whole night, we all celebrated.

  I'm excited for the baby, I couldn't wait to be an older sister.
   But I'm nervous for the baby cause now he comes in October, but I shouldn't think about that right now.

   I'm gonna be the best sister he ever had because I'm an amazing person and also because this is my first sibling.