II. Songwriting With Xiomara

Chapter 2, Song-writing With Xiomara
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  " Not so easy now is it? "

  ~ Scarlett's POV ~

         When I heard groaning, I got scared not even trying to lie.
   But I managed to force my eyes open to look at my boyfriend, stretching like he's having an exorcism.

   "My bad princess, I ain't mean to wake you."

     Jaden apologized groggily as he stood up from his bed and walked sluggishly to his bathroom, I smiled and sat up to stare at the tiny rock sitting on my ring finger.
   When the bathroom door opened, I got up quickly and rushed inside of it.

   I wanted to brush my teeth for one reason and one reason only:

   Morning kisses from Jaden.

     Morning kisses from Jaden are like angel kisses, he first kisses my lips and then showers me in kisses before kissing my lips again.
  It's how he would wake me some times, he knew I enjoyed it and I knew he did as well because he would do it to help me sleep or calm me down.

    After I dried my face with my towel, I walked out and ran straight into his arms.
  He was standing by the door waiting for me, Jessica's breakfast could smell from up here.

    "Good morning babe."

     I muffled as he kissed my cheek, my forehead and basically all of my face which made me giggle.
   Jaden pulled away but he was pulled back just for one last kiss, which turned into multiple kisses before we pulled away grinning like fools.

   "Good morning princess, you busy today?"

   Jaden asked me as we walked down the stairs together, I shrugged my shoulders but I knew I was spending the day with Xiomara.
  I just enjoy giving him false hope, it sounds mean but he does the same with me.

   "Scar!"

    I turned to see who called my name from the living room and smiled as Rosalía ran over to me, when she got to arms length, I picked her up and placed her on my hip.
  Xiomara looked up from her phone and walked over to me happily, I gave her a side hug due to Rosalía.

   "When did y'all come?"

     I asked curiously as we walked into the kitchen, Jaden handed me a plate with toast, pancakes and bacon.
  He pecked my lips before walking over to the couch, he sat beside his twin and they both began to make white boy Tiktoks.

   "Like two hours ago, Rosalía wanted to see Javon."

     Xiomara spoke out as she wiggled her eyebrows, I looked at her and laughed.
   We walked to the couch and sat on the opposite end from the boys, by now Rosalía was back on the ground and she began to play with Daelo.

   "So in like three weeks, school's in session. Mall shopping spree?"

      Xiomara asked, she already knew the answer because who can ever deny a trip to the mall.

   "Ooh, want to come over to my house and write a song with me?"

   I asked as I had finished watching a TikTok where a girl and her best friend wrote a song.
   Xiomara looked at me with her eyebrows raised before smiling and agreeing to write a song with me, but I didn't want to leave yet.

   "Jade, do you have a pen and paper that I could use?"

     I asked sweetly as I got up and stood in front of him, there wasn't much I needed to do to make this boy give me anything.
  He grabbed my hand and walked to me to his room with Xiomara following close behind, he pointed to his desk.

   "Yell for me if you need anything princess, you know I'll get you anything."

     Jaden mumbled as he pulled me close to him and hugged me, kissing my temple and then leaving his room.
   Butterflies swarmed my stomach as I sat down on his swivel seat, Xiomara looked at me with her jaw dropped before she pulled her phone out and texting what I assume Jaysean.

   "Okay, what should the song name be?"

     I asked Xiomara but she didn't know, I sighed and tried looking at different things to get some inspiration.
   Hope was fading away from me when my eyes found itself glued to my promise ring, I looked at Xiomara with a smirk dancing on my lips.

   "Promise Me, by Scarlett E. Delmonico and Xiomara.."

      My voice trailed off, I looked at Xiomara since I had zero idea what her middle name was.

   "Esperanza, I didn't have a middle name until my grandmother passed. I decided to take her name."

   Xiomara answered me, I smiled at her as my heart warmed at how sweet that is.
  I wrote her name down, but that was all we were able to write because for the next ten minutes my mind was blank.

   "Come on Scar, you can't think of one thing?"

      Xiomara asked, I looked at her as if she was dumb or something because if I had anything to write, I would've written it down.
   I sighed in annoyance.

  "It seems easy, I've seen how fast you're able to write songs."

      Xiomara told me, I looked at her and bit my bottom lip before getting up from the chair and motioning her to go and write some lyrics since it was so easy.
  I watched as Xiomara stared at the page with a blank expression finally understanding the struggle.

  " Not so easy now is it? "

    I asked rhetorically, she looked at me and smiled slightly.
  That's when I had some lyrics in my mind, I got up quickly and began to write them down before they left my mind.

      From the first lyric, I continued and was able to finish the first verse which was mine.
  Now it was Xiomara's turn to write her second verse, which was really exciting when we had finally finished.

   "We should sing this song, and post it on your YouTube if that's okay?"

    Xiomara suggested to which I nodded and agreed to the idea, when the song was finished, I folded it neatly and hid it.
  We walked downstairs, and into the living room we go.

   "We're about to head out, thanks for having us."

     Xiomara spoke out as she grabbed her sneakers and motioned Rosalía to do the same, Rosa reluctantly got up from her seat next to Daelo and walked to his sister.
  I watched as the Perez sisters put their shoes on and waved goodbye, I smiled and kissed Jaden's cheek before getting up and walking to the door.

   I was in shorts and a baggy shirt, I was also wearing slides but that didn't really bother me considering home was a couple of blocks away.
  As I made my way to the door, I felt a hand slip into mine causing me to look back.

   "Let me walk you home, I'm tryna see Alana's bump and Jesse-Rae."

  Jaden told me, I smiled and nodded as we walked out of his house and began to walk to mine.