XXIX. This Is What I Want

Chapter 29, This Is What I Want
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    " Stop complaining about your girlfriend for two seconds, I'm tryna play Fortnite. "

   ~ Scarlett's POV ~

        It's the day after the date, I was sitting in History class.
   Shocker, I know, I actually go to school and go my work because I actually have to do things to get somewhere in life.

     But as I was doing my assignment, I realized that maybe there was something I wanted to do in my life and it wasn't acting.
   Instead, I realized how much I loved song writing and how much I love singing.

    When the bell rang, I got up from my chair and walked out of the class with my backpack on.
   It was time for lunch, I walked to the cafeteria and sat next to Delilah since she was the only one there.

   "So I figured out what I want to do once we graduate."

   I told Delilah, she looked up from her phone and smiled at me as she turned it off.

   "Spill."

    Was all Delilah told me, I squealed excitedly and told her all about me wanting to become a singer and write my own songs.
  Delilah had already knew everything about myself and all about my past considering everything of mine was already posted on the internet, she was proud of me to say the least.

  "I'm proud of you, I also discovered what I want to do with my life after high school which doesn't need college."

   Delilah admitted, I looked at her with full attention and was now excited that she knew what she was going to do.
  Our friends were out getting lunch for all of us but Delilah and I decided to stay in the school and wait for them, this was a time to spill whatever we needed to.

   "Tell me, I'm actually excited that we're both going to do what we want."

  I confessed as I shook my leg a bit, Delilah laughed at my excitement.

   "I want to be a model, it's something I'm really into and I think I would make a good one."

  I watched as her smile stretched which made me happy, she did look like she would already be the best model in the world.

   "I'll be front row, screaming your name as you do your model walk in fashion shows."

  I told her, Delilah looked at me and her eyes watered up.

   "I'm sorry, did I offend you?"

    My worries began as she began to cry, I looked at her and opened my arms which she threw herself in.
   I looked at her as she pulled away, a smile returned to her face as she wiped away her tears.

   "No, it's just when I told my old friends about what I wanted to do, they told me I couldn't be a good one and laughed in my face."

   Delilah confessed, I looked at her and smiled before hugging her tightly and telling her that I wouldn't do that to her.
   She hugged me back tightly and we stood that until our friends came over with our food, when asked what happened, we only said nothing.

   "So, we're all going to your house?"

  Xiomara asked Javon as we walked out of the school together, I held onto Jaden's hand as we crossed the street.
  Javon nodded his head, we were all going to the Walton's house because we just felt like it.

     Also because we wanted to continue planning our wedding with everyone, I still can't believe I'm getting married.
   This all feels like a fever dream if I'm being honest, but I wouldn't tell anyone this.

   Once we got to their house, we walked inside and greeted everyone that was there before going upstairs and walking to Javon's room.
  Daelo walked inside a few minutes after us to play Fortnite with Jaden, but as far as I can see, Jaden was talking to Daelo about our wedding.

  " Stop complaining about your girlfriend for two seconds, I'm tryna play Fortnite. "

  I laughed at Daelo's words and went back to looking at my phone, I kept texting my mom to ask how was Atlantis.
  She told me he was fine but I still wanted to to keep bothering her about how I was his first word, I'm obviously the favorite and everyone knew it as well.

    "What's the color's of the bridesmaids dresses?"

   Delilah asked, I haven't even chosen my bridesmaids now to think of it.
  I looked at everyone and sighed, I forgot to choose my bridesmaids but luckily, I knew who exactly was going to be my bridesmaids.

   "Well my bridesmaids are Delilah, Jayla, Cora, Jessica and my mom."

  I told Delilah and then I looked at Xiomara, she looked a little upset so I grabbed her hands and looked at her with a small smile.

   "I'm hoping you could be my maid of honor Xio."

     She looked at me and nodded her head before hugging which made me laugh, I looked back at Delilah and looked at the two girls to think of a good color for them.

  "What if we changed to wedding theme from sage green to a lavender color, that way you girls can go in a lavender dress."

   I suggested while looking at Jaden who was looking back at me, he nodded his head and then returned his focus back to the game.
  This is exactly what I want, nothing could change that and nobody could do or say anything to change that either.

   As I walked home, I couldn't help but think about my biological mom.
  What is she going to do or say?

    Yeah, I haven't spoken to her in almost a year but what is going to happen when she finds out her only daughter got married and she wasn't invited to the wedding?
  Maybe I'll just deal with this all when the time comes, she probably doesn't even care anymore..

Right?